Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Very functional and sensible group of mods... nicely done! Enjoy your Traverse.

Reactions: Kurbel

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Great call!. I will test the break away capability/lack of in the afternoon and post results here.
On the cordless, I have been eye balling a few for months but couldn't justify the cost(for now :) )
Regarding the discharging - I keep a Li/Ion jump starter in the car. Its on a quarterly check/charge schedule so a battery torque wrench will just be added to that schedule.

Cheers
Kurbel
Honestly, as a homeowner I bought into the Ryobi system. All of their 18V tools have used the One+ battery for over 10 years and will continue to. So I have portable lights, fans, drills, impact wrenches, blowers, recip saws, etc. that are all using this same battery system. I keep the impact and the sockets with a pair of batteries in the car on road trips. When the investment is amortized over many projects and uses it's pretty easy to justify.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I did something similar with the Milwaukee 12volt system. Love the portability and power. Way less flexibility though with higher power consumption tools.
I might get into the Ryoni brand as a supplement - seems very flexible and cost effective as you mentioned.

Wonder if 250 is enough breakaway torque... hate to get you into a second tool line but I will admit I have some inherited M12 tools and they are my favorite tools to use.

No cracked or flaking or chipping plating on lug nuts when used with power tools?
I've seen it many times....
I'm too anal for those, I like break over bars and torque wrenches....
All by hand...
I got this kit on Amazon and have used it on chrome and Jeep OEM black lug nuts. No problems.

I only used the impact on full beans to take the lug nuts off. Installation I start by hand, set the impact on the lowest setting and drive them in on that (works out to around 90 ft lbs). Then torque by hand with my torque wrench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts