Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2022 Chevy Traverse RS last month. This is my first Chevy SUV, looking forward to reading all of the great information on this forum.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Post up some pics! The RS is a great looking trim!

Reactions: Mamaof3

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase & Welcome to the Forum!
Looking forward to seeing more photos of yours.

I have a 2019, only has 20K miles - but has been flawless

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your new purchase & Welcome to the Forum!
Looking forward to seeing more photos of yours.

I have a 2019, only has 20K miles - but has been flawless
Thank you. I must say I was a little skeptical about making the purchase.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on these vehicles. Glad to hear your positive review.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thank you. I must say I was a little skeptical about making the purchase.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on these vehicles. Glad to hear your positive review.
They aren't perfect but for the 3 row crossover class, NOTHING compares in terms of 3rd row/2nd row combined legroom and cargo space. And honestly, nothing is perfect... I'm on the Pilot forum (my wife has a '15) and the transmission tuning, push button transmission, glitchy infotainment and other things all draw ire from new owners. I'm willing to bet the new Pathfinder and Highlander have their issues (Highlander's main issue being an unusable 3rd row for over 10 year olds). While I think the Telluride and Palisade are awfully impressive, I've done a little browsing on their forums and they have issues as well.

End of the day, get what you like the best and hopefully you got a good one and try to not get too upset if some minor hiccups happen.

Reactions: Mamaof3

·
Registered
212 Posts
Best plan for long life is to keep up with maintenance as directed. Newer vehicles need to be really cared for and not neglected. Use quality oil and filters and change every 4-5000 miles. You don't want dirty oil as the machining process are so critical that the parts really only will last with the correct oil. And change trans fluid about every 30-40,000 miles as well. Care is cheap, replacement is expensive. I think most of the problems with modern cars come from neglect. I.e.., never checking oil or antifreeze or even checking tire pressures. People don't care for the vehicles and then bitch when they break. That's how many bad reputations are made.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats!
Is it silver?
Any pics of the new front end, with the RS package?

Great looking ride but I gotta say, no offense, I'm not a fan of those new multi spoke wheels though.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best plan for long life is to keep up with maintenance as directed. Newer vehicles need to be really cared for and not neglected. Use quality oil and filters and change every 4-5000 miles. You don't want dirty oil as the machining process are so critical that the parts really only will last with the correct oil. And change trans fluid about every 30-40,000 miles as well. Care is cheap, replacement is expensive. I think most of the problems with modern cars come from neglect. I.e.., never checking oil or antifreeze or even checking tire pressures. People don't care for the vehicles and then bitch when they break. That's how many bad reputations are made.
Yes, that’s definitely good advice.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats!
Is it silver?
Any pics of the new front end, with the RS package?

Great looking ride but I gotta say, no offense, I'm not a fan of those new multi spoke wheels though.
Yes, it’s silver. I’ll snap a picture of the front end for you asap. I definitely agree about the wheels. The wheels on the 2021 look alot better. The auto start/stop was just the deal breaker for me on the 2021.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes, it’s silver. I’ll snap a picture of the front end for you asap. I definitely agree about the wheels. The wheels on the 2021 look alot better. The auto start/stop was just the deal breaker for me on the 2021.
So can you turn the auto start/stop off now (via a button?)?
Or is it completely gone on the 2022?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Nice!

Are those fog lights or the head lights (now) in the lower bumper?
Those are the headlights now. The Enclave is doing this as well.

On one hand it makes me happy because lower headlight mounting means less being blinded by everyone else, but I'm skeptical of the overall look until I see it in person.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Those are the headlights now. The Enclave is doing this as well.

On one hand it makes me happy because lower headlight mounting means less being blinded by everyone else, but I'm skeptical of the overall look until I see it in person.
I'm not sure lower is better. Assuming you're intent is to light up the road a certain distance (say 150 ft) in front of the vehicle, a higher mounting would mean a greater down angle, and hence less blinding, while lower mounting would mean less of a down angle, and more blinding.

AND - all that being said, I suspect most blinding is actually due simply to lousy aiming in the first place.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm not sure lower is better. Assuming you're intent is to light up the road a certain distance (say 150 ft) in front of the vehicle, a higher mounting would mean a greater down angle, and hence less blinding, while lower mounting would mean less of a down angle, and more blinding.

AND - all that being said, I suspect most blinding is actually due simply to lousy aiming in the first place.
The angle remains the same. The aiming is based on the elevation of the headlight on the vehicle, not some arbitrary target on a wall. Below is the image from FHWA for how headlights are to be aimed, 7cm below the bulb/cutoff centerline at 35ft - so no matter how low the headlight it should never be pointing up.

Azure Water Rectangle Line Aqua

And you are 100% correct, most vehicles are aimed poorly from the factory or when someone messes with them they totally screw them up.

@Mamaof3 - how's the first week been?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts