Traverse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , here's our Brand New 2010 Chevrolet Traverse AWD LT/1LT Package in Cyber Gray Metalic with the Ebony interior . We just purchased this at a dealership on 1-14-2010 (yesterday) with 24 miles on it . I am a new member to this fine forum and want to thank the Admin as well as members for helping us in our decision to buy the Traverse . :thumb: We are very happy we made the purchase and we are sure we have made the right decision .

The pics below are pretty good but this baby really looks good in person . We were looking at a blue one but when we saw this one we promplty changed our mind . We are so happy with this fine vehicle . 174 miles on it now ;D We picked this baby up in Boseman MT.

For those who don't know , click on pic to enlarge , enjoy !!! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Welcome!

It appears you have one of the earlier build Traverses for 2010....
earlier build- meaning it was in the earlier part- of when Springfield came back up.
They started production for 2010's on July 30. (O ordered mine- it was built July 31- and delivered to me from the factory with 350+ miles- as they ran emissions test on it).

The clues I can see....

GM Chicklet still on the door- sometime during the build- GM announced they were removing this chicklet from all GM's.
Traverse logo still on the door.-latter builds dont have this logo
Chevrolet LOGO on the rear- is removed in latter builds.
AWD logo missing- Latter builds- have a AWD logo added.

By the way---- I see they put on the roof rack...
You may want to check to see if they left the small tool to remove them...
You can take them off in about 5 min--- if you have the anti theft torx screw tool...(i think thats what its called).
Since you just picked it up- you can ask them...
a few members on here didnt get theres- and now have to buy one at sears or something.

Also- take note-
that the cross rails- should be installed in 1 direction- as one side has a small bump on it--- im sure its for Aerodynamic purposes--- as to not make noise...
I installed mine- and made sure to do it right--- no noise at 75.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i believe i have a late 2010 build (delivered to the dealer in early Dec). I have the chicklet and the AWD on the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hi and Welcome!!

You have bought exactly what we just ordered. We were looking for blue too, but it seemed too dark. We love the Cyber Gray colour!

I'm very excited for you.

rbarrios:
They got rid of the "Traverse" on the side door? That's too bad, I kind of liked it there. I'm glad that the GM chicklet is gone though, it seemed pointless. The bow tie is gone too? I should drive thru the dealer lot and check out these changes. I have not noticed them.

Do you know roughly what month the changes occured? The only surprise to me is the bow tie on the back. I thought that all the car makers were putting HUGE logos on the back of their vehicles.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Do you get the tow package?

Also, what is on the driver's side rear door window?

Regards,

·
Registered
407 Posts
Quantum said:
Do you get the tow package?

Also, what is on the driver's side rear door window?

Regards,
Dealer lock box. Keys are inside, and the salespeople have master keys for the boxes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like it, it's a good looking vehicle. Enjoy :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The bow tie is not gone from the rear, he meant the word "chevrolet" on the left has been removed on later 2010's, and that's where the AWD decal is put.

·
Registered
158 Posts
rbarrios said:
Welcome!

It appears you have one of the earlier build Traverses for 2010....
earlier build- meaning it was in the earlier part- of when Springfield came back up.
They started production for 2010's on July 30. (O ordered mine- it was built July 31- and delivered to me from the factory with 350+ miles- as they ran emissions test on it).

The clues I can see....

GM Chicklet still on the door- sometime during the build- GM announced they were removing this chicklet from all GM's.
Traverse logo still on the door.-latter builds dont have this logo
Chevrolet LOGO on the rear- is removed in latter builds.
AWD logo missing- Latter builds- have a AWD logo added.

By the way---- I see they put on the roof rack...
You may want to check to see if they left the small tool to remove them...
You can take them off in about 5 min--- if you have the anti theft torx screw tool...(i think thats what its called).
Since you just picked it up- you can ask them...
a few members on here didnt get theres- and now have to buy one at sears or something.

Also- take note-
that the cross rails- should be installed in 1 direction- as one side has a small bump on it--- im sure its for Aerodynamic purposes--- as to not make noise...
I installed mine- and made sure to do it right--- no noise at 75.
My 2010 Traverse was built in November of 2009 and the GM "chicklet" is still on the door. I heard that all of the GM emblems were being removed starting with the 2011 model year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice color, congrats...

Mine didn't have the "Traverse" on the side, but still has the gm chicklet, and the rear has the awd logo instead of "chevrolet".........

·
Registered
12 Posts
red426...I have the same...My traverse was build in late Nov and delivered to the dealer in early Dec. I love the AWD logo.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I would much prefer the "Traverse" on the side door than the GM chicklet. But I can live with it! 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You All for the warm welcome and the nice compliments on our Traverse !!! Sorry it took me so long to get back on here and respond to you all . My wife and I couldn't resist and took her out for a long drive through Montana . She now has 560 miles on her without problem and the more I drive her the more I love her . Ok , here is my response to all of you guys .

@ rbarrios , you are absolutley right about our Traverse being an earlier one . Date on sticker is 7-5-2009 (Spring Hill , TN). And the tool you mentioned for the roof rack was included (sitting in the glovebox) and I checked and it appears that the rack was installed properly. Thanks for your tips . :thumb:

@ Quantum , congrats to you on ordering the color we bought . I know you are gonna love it . Real sexy color !!! ;D Yes we have the tow package included and the thing on the window is the lock thing the dealership puts on the window . Thanks for your responses . ;)

@ 6Sixathome ,Thanks for your compliment as well .

And thanks to all others for their input !!! By the way , if anyone's interested in the deal we got on our Traverse go check out Buying & Leasing / Prices paid for Traverse thread . :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Welcome very nice I like that color. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts