Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My name is Nick and I’m the owner of a new to me 2017 Chevy Traverse. Just picked it up today! Figured I’d show it off a little bit. I drove it probably 150 miles today and I’m absolutely in love. I had a 2010 Honda Insight before this and for those of you who have never heard of that it’s basically Honda’s Prius. I’ll post a picture of that as well. Anything I just have to have or need to know? One thing I’m trying to figure out, is above the PRNDL it says +999.99 gas used or something like that, before that it said parking assist on off. How do I change that? I had to post a stock picture of the Honda because for some reason I don’t have any lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome. It is best to read the owner's manual. If it did not come with the vehicle you can download it from GM.

In short, +999.99 gas used is the amount of fuel used after the last reset. You can push the check mark when it is showing on the display and it will reset to zero. It is just fyi if you're interested in using such info. I don't trust that number, I use a log to calculate my gas mileage per gallon.

You can enable/disable the parking assist under the DIC. If you tow a trailer then you should turn it off, otherwise enable it so that the vehicle will beep when you back up too close to an object.

Keep your oil fresh and correct level on a GDI engine. You can find many reasons in this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. It is best to read the owner's manual. If it did not come with the vehicle you can download it from GM.

In short, +999.99 gas used is the amount of fuel used after the last reset. You can push the check mark when it is showing on the display and it will reset to zero. It is just fyi if you're interested in using such info. I don't trust that number, I use a log to calculate my gas mileage per gallon.

You can enable/disable the parking assist under the DIC. If you tow a trailer then you should turn it off, otherwise enable it so that the vehicle will beep when you back up too close to an object.

Keep your oil fresh and correct level on a GDI engine. You can find many reasons in this forum.
I skimmed through the owners manual last night and couldn’t find anything but I didn’t look too hard. Gonna look again. Thanks for information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Look in your owners manual on page 130, Information Displays. You can scroll through a number of informational displays using the three buttons over on the center stack (the buttons are shown on page 131).

One of the things you can display is how much gas you've used. It can be re-set so you can start a trip and see how much gas you used for the trip. If it's never been re-set, it's going to count up to 999.

Note that on the Gen 1.5's, (2013 to 2017), the 3 buttons are capacitive-activated, like on a touch screen. This is a PIA because if want to use them while driving, you can't "feel" that you've pushed the button. The Gen 1.0's used real buttons that you could feel when you pushed them in. So the Gen 1.5 took a BIG step backward here, IMHO. A classic example of "Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD."

PS: You can download a PDF of the owners manual on the Chevy website - then you can word-search it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nice Traverse. Looks like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts