Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I found this forum this morning and it looks to have a great deal of useful information regarding the Chevy Traverse. We have been considering one for a while and are just about to pull the trigger on a new 2022 RS with Trailer Package or Premium with Redline Package. We've been driving a 2008 Equinox for a few years and after test driving the Traverse, found it to be so much more roomy as well as a much better ride.

Is there anything we should know about either of those trim levels that is not readily available in online product literature?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
If you are going to tow anything, definitely get the one with the tow package. Factory tow has everything you'll need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if you NEVER plan on towing..... Get the tow package.

View attachment 10889
I live in the desert SW so heavy-duty cooling was my main reason for adding the tow package, although my single-axle utility trailer may get connected from time-to-time. It seems the only way to add the trailering package to a Premier is with the Red-Line package. I could be wrong about that, but it is included with that option.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I can't find any 2022 brochures on-line. However, for 2021, the tow package came standard on the Premier, but you could order the tow package on any other model except the LS. I would assume 2022 would be similar. Of course, that assumes they'll let you order a car and that you can actually get it in a reasonable time frame, given the current computer chip shortage.

If the dealer doesn't have any other models with the tow package, he may still be able to find one elsewhere and do a "trade" to get it for you; but don't expect him to do it for "free." You can also peruse the internet and maybe find one somewhere else yourself. You can "build" one on the Chevy website and then ask it where there is a similar vehicle in stock. Unfortunately, with high demand and few cars, this isn't a great time to be choosy.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
Tow package seems to be standard on Premier and High Country. I went with the HC in '20 as when dealing with what's in dealer stock you are limited when trying to find a tow package equipped vehicle in any model or product line. If you go on the Chevy website and build one it will search for what you want. I did that in '20 and found mine. Local dealer was able to swap for it.
I found a new '07 Mustang GT the same way back then on Fords website.
Use the Features and try your acceptable color options when doing the search. You'll be surprised what turns up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tow package seems to be standard on Premier and High Country. I went with the HC in '20 as when dealing with what's in dealer stock you are limited when trying to find a tow package equipped vehicle in any model or product line. If you go on the Chevy website and build one it will search for what you want. I did that in '20 and found mine. Local dealer was able to swap for it.
I found a new '07 Mustang GT the same way back then on Fords website.
Use the Features and try your acceptable color options when doing the search. You'll be surprised what turns up.
I've been all over the Chevy website for days searching inventory, on hand and in-transit, within a 500 mile radius. I've also used the "build" feature to narrow down my choices. That's where I found that the trailer package was included in the Red-Line package ($2,895 option on Premier) and didn't see any other way to select it stand-alone. On the RS, the trailer package is $650 and only includes items relative to trailering (HD cooling, hitch and some additional camera features). There is very little on-site inventory with almost everything listed as in-transit so that's why I may have to travel 400 miles to get what I want.

If you can point me to something that indicates the TP is standard on Premier models, I would be interested. I assumed that since it is included in Red-Line that it would not be a standard feature. I don't remember seeing the RL package available on anything other than Premier models, but could certainly be wrong about that.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I've attached the 2021 brochure, see pg 28, under "Engine/Chasis." Note that they call it "Trailering Equipment," not "Tow Package." Same nomenclature on the Chevy build site, which I was able to add to an LT.

As I said, there are no 2022 brochures on-line.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well folks, sad to say my stay here has been brief. The AZ dealer I had been communicating with and had expected to purchase from later this week simply, for no apparent reason, quit responding to text and phone messages and I've been unable to locate another car that meets our requirements within a reasonable distance from home. At least none that were not marked up by a ridiculous amount over MSRP. Therefore, we started looking at other options and on Monday of this week, purchased a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (long wheelbase) from a local area dealer that sells cars and trucks at MSRP. I fully understand that this is not a good time to be buying a new vehicle due to supply shortages and feel we were lucky to find something we liked and at a fair price under these circumstances. Hopefully the days of abundant supply and the ability to negotiate on price will return, but we're not there yet.

I appreciate the information available on this forum and will certainly return if we consider another Chevy in the future. In the mean time, we're going to enjoy our new Jeep!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well folks, sad to say my stay here has been brief. The AZ dealer I had been communicating with and had expected to purchase from later this week simply, for no apparent reason, quit responding to text and phone messages and I've been unable to locate another car that meets our requirements withing a reasonable distance from home. At least none that were not marked up by a ridiculous amount over MSRP. Therefore, we started looking at other options and on Monday of this week, purchased a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (long wheelbase) from a local area dealer that sells cars and trucks at MSRP. I fully understand that this is not a good time to be buying a new vehicle due to supply shortages and feel we were lucky to find something we liked and at a fair price under these circumstances. Hopefully the days of abundant supply and the ability to negotiate on price will return, but we're not there yet.

I appreciate the information available on this forum and will certainly return if we consider another Chevy in the future. In the mean time, we're going to enjoy our new Jeep!
That stinks but I really hope you enjoy the new ride! The new GCL I find very appealing, if they come out with a 4xE version I may give it a serious look in 3-4 years when I will be looking to replace the Traverse. I have a 3 mile commute so I'm really interested in a 3 row PHEV where most days I can run on battery exclusively.

Reactions: HDVideo

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well folks, sad to say my stay here has been brief. The AZ dealer I had been communicating with and had expected to purchase from later this week simply, for no apparent reason, quit responding to text and phone messages and I've been unable to locate another car that meets our requirements within a reasonable distance from home. At least none that were not marked up by a ridiculous amount over MSRP. Therefore, we started looking at other options and on Monday of this week, purchased a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (long wheelbase) from a local area dealer that sells cars and trucks at MSRP. I fully understand that this is not a good time to be buying a new vehicle due to supply shortages and feel we were lucky to find something we liked and at a fair price under these circumstances. Hopefully the days of abundant supply and the ability to negotiate on price will return, but we're not there yet.

Congrats on the GCL.....they're REALLY nice.
Depending on which trim you got, it's nicer than the Traverse too. I'd say the Traverse might, or does, have more interior room but the Jeep feels more upscale and modern/more tech
I almost got one myself this past summer.

The downside was the lack of colors though when it launched though....a whopping 5 choices! :( (white, black, dark red, silver, dark gray)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depending on which trim you got, it's nicer than the Traverse too. I'd say the Traverse might, or does, have more interior room but the Jeep feels more upscale and modern/more tech

The downside was the lack of colors though when it launched though....a whopping 5 choices! :( (white, black, dark red, silver, dark gray)
Thanks, snobrdrdan. We found one nicely equipped '22 Overland that we considered, but the dealer was marking it up by about $3K so we settled for a Limited 4x4 at MSRP. It's black metallic, but black or the dark gray were my choice anyway. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Overland we looked at, but should be fine for our needs and we're loving it so far. It goes in for ceramic coating next week! BTW, I never actually got to see or drive a '22 Traverse; none available locally. We did test drive used '18 and '19 models, but that was all we could find. They were nice, but I think we made the right choice for us.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

I think that's still pretty much it... but some trims you have an optional black roof to contrast the body color.

It has the benefit of being 4/5 years newer than the Traverse, and with the current pace of progress in this class I fully expect the next Traverse to be in 2-3 years. If GM extends the life cycle like they did on the last one I think they'll be left behind. The interiors on the refreshed Silverado and Sierra as well as those in the 'Hoe/'Burb give me the belief that GM can and hopefully will knock it out of the park with the next Traverse.

To be perfectly honest - I still quite enjoy my '14 interior, especially compared to the plastic fantastic and button filled interior of my wife's '15 Pilot. But hers has storage cubbies EVERYWHERE making it more practical and all of the switches feel so much nicer to use than the old, sloppy GM switchgear that had a lot of play.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks, snobrdrdan. We found one nicely equipped '22 Overland that we considered, but the dealer was marking it up by about $3K so we settled for a Limited 4x4 at MSRP. It's black metallic, but black or the dark gray were my choice anyway. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Overland we looked at, but should be fine for our needs and we're loving it so far. It goes in for ceramic coating next week! BTW, I never actually got to see or drive a '22 Traverse; none available locally. We did test drive used '18 and '19 models, but that was all we could find. They were nice, but I think we made the right choice for us.
Can I ask - why ceramic coating over paint protection film? I don't have a preference but for my next vehicle I'd like to invest in one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can I ask - why ceramic coating over paint protection film? I don't have a preference but for my next vehicle I'd like to invest in one.
As far as I know, paint protection film does not provide much more than chip/scratch protection, but I could be wrong about that as I haven't researched it too much. Here's a link that will describe what ceramic coating is and a bit about the process. A personal friend owns a professional detailing shop and he will be applying the coating. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Ceramic Coating for Cars

·
Registered
587 Posts
$3k markup, lol, that's crazy o_O
Even crazier that "at MSRP" is considered a deal now too, on a FCA/Stellantis product anyways lol. When I was looking, there was TONS of inventory for them too...but I'm not sure how inventory is now for them & where you're at.

The Limited is very nicely loaded though and I think you'll enjoy it.....depending on what you got on it.

I was looking for a '21 Limited when I was shopping in the fall and there was a small rebate and then conquest cash and then I qualify for EP (employee pricing) too. I wanted the Lux Tech package, Navigation (for the upgraded Alpine stereo), 20" wheels & the sunroof, IIRC...which made it comparable to a Overland (sorta, with the options).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$3k markup, lol, that's crazy o_O
Even crazier that "at MSRP" is considered a deal now too, on a FCA/Stellantis product anyways lol. When I was looking, there was TONS of inventory for them too...but I'm not sure how inventory is now for them & where you're at.

The Limited is very nicely loaded though and I think you'll enjoy it.....depending on what you got on it.

I was looking for a '21 Limited when I was shopping in the fall and there was a small rebate and then conquest cash and then I qualify for EP (employee pricing) too. I wanted the Lux Tech package, Navigation (for the upgraded Alpine stereo), 20" wheels & the sunroof, IIRC...which made it comparable to a Overland (sorta, with the options).
That '21 Limited you were looking for sounds like one our dealer had on the lot, minus the 20" wheels (window sticker below). We took it for a spin and I liked it a lot, but it was a toss-up between it and the '22. We finally settled on the L, thinking at our age, our off-roading days are behind us. This '21 was listed for $49.4K and they were using it as a demo, so salesman said they would likely go even lower. I didn't check the mileage, but it looked and smelled brand new. It was definitely more bang for the buck, but we really liked the cargo space of the L.

The only options on our L are Limited 4X4, Diamond Black Crystal Paint, Uconnect 5 Nav 10.1" and 20" wheels. Sticker price was $51.890. Not loaded, but good enough for us.

I understand that this is a Traverse forum and will refrain from posting any more about Jeeps unless there are specific questions.

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
587 Posts
^^^
I was looking at a GC L too, btw, because kids (not the old model or regular model GC)

I sort of regret not getting it, but the Pacifica (van) was ultimately the more practical choice as we're expecting kid #4 here soon

It's still nice though & congrats again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts