Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the following LEDs from Lasfit, 921 912 W16W LED Reverse for $13.99 2 per package, and installed them today and no dreaded consist on when both are in the socket and housing jacket. :surprise:I tried this once already and failed with regular LEDs.

These Lasfits have a built in resistor and they work. They are very brite! Really lights up the back when in reverse.

I will be checking and posting for the next week to see if I run into any electric/electronic gremlins.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been over a week and no issues or gremlins!

Once I read how to post pictures I will share the fogs, turn signals, and reverse lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also interested.
How difficult is it to to get access to change the bulbs ?
Pull the plastic interior trim hatch panel off (it's clipped on) and that'll give you access to the bulb holder(s)...it's pretty simple
I'm not sure exactly HOW to tell you to be careful, but be careful pulling the trim panel off. I had two of the white plastic clips stay in the metal liftgate and they kept chunks of their plastic mounts with them! It's setting up w/ JB weld as I type.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm jumping over from the other thread on this topic to say that I just installed a pair of lights without any issue. I didn't even know the was an issue with the reverse lights. Now I'm scared they're will be an issue!

Here's what I'm currently running. I'll report back if the battery dies. I'm looking for any recommendations on turn signals without separate resistors as well as tail lights.

https://hidkitpros.com/shop/2009-2019-chevrolet-traverse-high-power-cree-led-reverse-lights-pair/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried installing the Lasfit bulbs with the canbus/resistor in them. Light did not stay on, but the next day when I went to drive my camera wouldn’t turn off. Reverse cam came on as soon as I started the car, when I put it in drive the front cam came in (with the 360 cam) and wouldn’t turn off. Had to remove the reverse LEDs and everything went back to normal. Anyone had any luck adding resistors to the reverse lamps to alleviate these issues? Looking at the below.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/vlr-resistors/turn-signal-resistors/vlr-6-duotap.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm jumping over from the other thread on this topic to say that I just installed a pair of lights without any issue. I didn't even know the was an issue with the reverse lights. Now I'm scared they're will be an issue!

Here's what I'm currently running. I'll report back if the battery dies. I'm looking for any recommendations on turn signals without
separate resistors as well as tail lights.

https://hidkitpros.com/shop/2009-2019-chevrolet-traverse-high-power-cree-led-reverse-lights-pair/

Well, the drivers side reverse light stopped working. I hope I just didn't seat it tight enough. Not sure when I'll get around to popping the read panel off. It's kind of a pain on the ass to swap any of the bulbs in this thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Here's what I'm currently running. I'll report back if the battery dies. I'm looking for any recommendations on turn signals without
separate resistors as well as tail lights.

Well, the drivers side reverse light stopped working. I hope I just didn't seat it tight enough. Not sure when I'll get around to popping the read panel off. It's kind of a pain on the ass to swap any of the bulbs in this thing.
That one bulb just quit working. Fixture still works whith the old bulb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

Well I had a large How To write up and tried to post and BAM! said my time expired and lost my write up! WTF! Wanted to sign back in. I tried to go back and my write up is gone...

So, cut to the chase before I get cut off again... they work. No issues. Video and reverse cams work as they should. Use plastic interior tools so you don't damage the plastic and scratch the metal hatch. There are clips up and below the reverse light area, once unclipped, reachin and twist off the bulb and replace with the LED and reassemble. Use a closed fist/bottom side, and make the clips are flush.

You test your skills by using your key fob and depressing the unlock function. if all the way in, they will light up like a Christmas tree. Don't look directly into the light, you may see blue dots... LOL Then you can reassemble.

I've been busy so I will try to post the pics. If I haven't in a week, someone PM and I will send you the pics so you can post here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I had a large How To write up and tried to post and BAM! said my time expired and lost my write up! WTF! Wanted to sign back in. I tried to go back and my write up is gone...

So, cut to the chase before I get cut off again... they work. No issues. Video and reverse cams work as they should. Use plastic interior tools so you don't damage the plastic and scratch the metal hatch. There are clips up and below the reverse light area, once unclipped, reachin and twist off the bulb and replace with the LED and reassemble. Use a closed fist/bottom side, and make the clips are flush.

You test your skills by using your key fob and depressing the unlock function. if all the way in, they will light up like a Christmas tree. Don't look directly into the light, you may see blue dots... LOL Then you can reassemble.

I've been busy so I will try to post the pics. If I haven't in a week, someone PM and I will send you the pics so you can post here.
Good to hear!
I'm curious to see pics still, AND do you have a link for where you purchased them from??

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Broke down and ordered some high-power 921 bulbs and resistor packs from vleds.com. Installed today and, of course, no dim light when off and no issues. They were a bit pricy, but I have bought quite a bit from them for previous cars and the quality and support are always top notch.

Bulbs
https://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/921-led/921-6-ho-c.html

Resistors
https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/vlr-resistors/turn-signal-resistors/vlr-6-duotap.html

The resistors are big, but fully potted and run cooler than the cheap gold ones you can buy at the big box store. The duo-tap harness with it really makes installation a breeze, especially since these don’t get exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
449 Posts
YOu dont need ohm resistors unless its for a turn signal. So any marker light or reverse backup lights do not need any resistor installed to prevent hyperflashing. I installed switchback LEDs on the front turn signals. Normal driving they are white LED and once you hit the turn signal it will go orange.

·
Registered
148 Posts
YOu dont need ohm resistors unless its for a turn signal. So any marker light or reverse backup lights do not need any resistor installed to prevent hyperflashing. I installed switchback LEDs on the front turn signals. Normal driving they are white LED and once you hit the turn signal it will go orange.
You have a older Traverse though.

"Regular" LED's won't work on the newer ones....as we've all found out

1 - 20 of 38 Posts