Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been reading on here for a little bit, and finally decided to join up. Looks like you have a good group of people on here, looking forward to learning more about our exciting new crossover. My wife and I just purchased our first "New Car" last Tuesday - Traverse 2LT AWD SUMMIT WHITE! We are very excited and love it so far, no complaints what so ever. Only have a few hundred miles on it, but we are planning a trip for next week to SC. So we will get a good feel for the car from that. I think after that trip I will be getting the first oil change and switching over to the Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

Anyways nice to meet you all.

BRIAN

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
welcome.
let us know what kind of mileage you see on your trip-

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ditto on the Welcome! Enjoy that trip - you should be liking it more and more with each long distance mile you drive.... Safe Travels!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I will try to keep track and report back, I am excited to see how it does. Our other car is a 2003 Suburban so I'm thinking I will will be pleased with the MPG!
I'll keep you posted...

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing I have to say is that its kinda weird how easy the thing will roll backwards when in drive. I was on a very slight grade and it still crept backwards, same thing in reverse. Guess that is just something I will have to get used to....

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
yup...
Ive seen several post about this..
One was a guy in Mexico-- said the same thing-- rolls back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have learned to never stand behind the thing... not like I need to give my wife any ideas ::)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
yup...
Ive seen several post about this..
One was a guy in Mexico-- said the same thing-- rolls back.
It's like it has a "stall " converter ...you need to get the rpm up before it hooks up. Can be annoying if you're not being careful.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, well I was able to manage 20.2 MPG on our trip from Pittsburgh PA to Georgetown SC.
I will let you know how she does on the way home.

·
Registered
110 Posts
MOTRAIN, I am also a Pittsburgh guy and I'm curious to see what kind of MPGs you get just driving around home on the hilly roads. Go to the "AWD guys. MPG?" thread and read all of my [email protected]$ing about the crappy MPGs we get. If you can give me a feel for what you are getting and it's much better than what we get, then I think I might take mine back to the dealer to have it checked out. Not to scare you or anything but we average anywhere from 15-18 MPG on our hilly, country roads out here in Upper Burrell. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts