Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This info was provided by caddycruiser at www.enclaveforum.net

Here's a snippet of the '09 Traverse information dealers can now see on their DealerWorld system:

Some highlites: 2nd row buckets are available, Heated and cooled seats, Mirror spotter, Projector beam head lights, Daul exhaust, power lift gate, Real time XM radio traffic, Blue tooth, 6 speed transmission, 3.6 liter SIDI engine, Rear camera, 8 passenger seating the list goes on and on. The trim packages are 1LS 1LT 2LT and LTZ. They also have the list of colors Like desert brown and metallic green.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, and we should know more specifics as far as the power ratings and also see one of the new for '09 integrated center stacks in a few days.

Can't wait ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
zman said:
What the heck is a mirror spotter??
No idea, I think something was lost in translation when the salesperson who typed those details off said that. Have to go back and see if he clarified, or anyone else did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zman said:
What the heck is a mirror spotter??
It may be a mirror to keep an eye on rugrats in the back. ::)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's what I found online at free patents online:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7126456.html

"A rearview mirror system comprises a spotter mirror for providing an image of an object in a vehicle's blind zone to the vehicle's operator. A recognition enhancement device is provided with the spotter mirror for drawing the attention of the driver to the spotter mirror when an overtaking vehicle enters the driver's blind zone. The signaling display is activated by a sensing system which senses the presence of the overtaking vehicle in the blind zone. An electrochromic element is incorporated into the spotter mirror to reduce the intensity of light transmitted from the object and reflected from the spotter mirror. Activation of the electrochromic element to darken the spotter mirror will induce the operator to observe the object in the spotter mirror. "

Seems pretty high-falutin' for the lowest priced Lambda.

·
Registered
17 Posts
scotted73 said:
Here's what I found online at free patents online:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7126456.html

"A rearview mirror system comprises a spotter mirror for providing an image of an object in a vehicle's blind zone to the vehicle's operator. A recognition enhancement device is provided with the spotter mirror for drawing the attention of the driver to the spotter mirror when an overtaking vehicle enters the driver's blind zone. The signaling display is activated by a sensing system which senses the presence of the overtaking vehicle in the blind zone. An electrochromic element is incorporated into the spotter mirror to reduce the intensity of light transmitted from the object and reflected from the spotter mirror. Activation of the electrochromic element to darken the spotter mirror will induce the operator to observe the object in the spotter mirror. "

Seems pretty high-falutin' for the lowest priced Lambda.
Agree. Also, wonder how the spotter is going to show up in blinding rain and snow when driver's focus if FORWARD. Maybe an urgent but gentle voice should announce, "Careful, bozo too close on your left rear...ding, ding." ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any information on if the Taverse will have an option for the HUD ( heads up display ) ?
I have the HUD on my Corvette . I thought it would just be another toy but it turned out to be great. You never have to look down to see speed or gauges. all the information is right in front of You . It is also not distracting at all. I find it very distracting when i have to look down at the instrument cluster to see my speed when i drive a car without the HUD.
I noticed that the HUD is available on the Acadia.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rashoe - so far, HUD has been an "Acadia only" option for the Lambdas. Since we don't have full option lists for the Traverse yet, there's no way to know if it'll be available. My gut tells me they will leave it as a GMC exclusive option, just so there remains some differentiation. But one of the new options for 09s might end up being Traverse exclusive in the same vein, though. We'll soon see!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts