Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my factory single exhaust from the cat back, with the factory LTZ dual exhaust, so if anyone needs the original factory single exhaust, it's for sale. I have a 2010 Traverse LT. It should be worth $200 but I would accept any offers. It's all one piece from that 2 bolt flange after the horizontal cat converter and includes the rubber donuts. I live in southern California.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Legend - Just curious, what did you do to create the cutout in the rear bumper cover for the second tailpipe? Also, any photos of the new install?

·
Registered
718 Posts
andylibby said:
Legend - Just curious, what did you do to create the cutout in the rear bumper cover for the second tailpipe? ALao, any photos of the new install?
I was curious to see how you handled the second tailpipe as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just carefully cut out a little at a time with some right and left angle tin snips and a box cutter as I lifted the dual exhaust up and down with a motorcycle lift, to try it after I attached the front end. It came out looking pretty good. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks! Now, if only you'd had the engine output measured on a dyno before the swap. Then you could have a before and after horsepower comparison.

As it is, I would hope you might experience a bit of improved fuel economy, but I'm wondering if the decreased backflow afforded by the dual pipes will affect other facets of the vehicle's programming and setup. Have you noticed any differences?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to have a bit more zip and takes off from a stop easier. My wife says so too. Should be the same hp and torque as the LTZ now. It is the fastest vehicle for it's size and weight I have ever had.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
i spoke to my service manager at the dealer and he told me for the effort the 3.6 would benifit from an air intake over doing the dual exhaust. i am already working with a friend on a possible upgrade

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't think the stock dual exhaust buys you that much. Have you seen the area where it "Y"'s out? It's like they collapse two tubes on each, to fit into the single pipe. Talk about a restriction!

I'd prefer a true free-flow muffler, with a smooth "Y" transition, with the option of resonated and non-resonated with single or dual-tips. :thumb:

I've lobbied Billy Boat Exhaust www dot bbexhaust dot com, but they don't believe there is significant market for aftermarket exhausts on the Lambdas...

Hmmm, maybe a "Group Buy" would get them to change their mind. I mean, if they make it for the Escalade, which is lower volume, I think they could really make some $ on the Lambda platform.

·
Registered
71 Posts
XRDreamliner,

I'm with you. Here's where some true gains can be made. Straighten all this flow out just around the motor and THEN you will see some improvement.

Jim
In God We Trust!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
New here. Have a 12 AWD Lt and was thinking of cutting single exhaust out at converter and doing a dual swap myself. I'm looking more towards performance/sound. Planning to build system with high flow cat an single in dual out muffler an dumps rather than tips an bumper mod/swap. Any thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts