Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not happy that I have replaced 2 sets of tires for my car within 2 yrs of buying new tires, and when i make turns the sound it makes is so loud like the tired are rubbing. yes they are the correct size. new issues is now my steering wheel shakes going down the road but will stop and then start. my car is already have an alignment. just to add more the car start to over heat for no reason.
i need help chevy

·
Registered
866 Posts
first a little background. How long have you had it? What years is it and how many miles?ore info the better.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Shake sounds like balance, tire life is very use case based. I have gotten less than 10k miles from a set of tires and then 40k from the same tires.

Like others said provide more info if you desire any more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am not happy that I have replaced 2 sets of tires for my car within 2 yrs of buying new tires, and when i make turns the sound it makes is so loud like the tired are rubbing. yes they are the correct size. new issues is now my steering wheel shakes going down the road but will stop and then start. my car is already have an alignment. just to add more the car start to over heat for no reason.
i need help chevy
My opinion as I had the noise problem on my Malibu turned out to be the wheel bearings, the sound would get louder when I turned and check for leaks at the front center under for steering fluid the wheel may shake cause of the rack & pinion the steering wheel connects to the rack & pinion , if the gaskets ate torn worn out or loose parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There has to be an alignment or wear issue there somewhere. I have 65K on the original tires on my 2016AWD LTZ with another10K of rubber on them on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts