Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for either a Traverse or Acadia. I can get a new Traverse LT for about the same price as a used ~15k mile Acadia. Is this what other people are experiencing as well? I just think that the resale value of the Lambda's are TOO good. I almost wish it they didn't have such a good resale value so that I could get one for cheaper.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
people complain about GM vehicles having bad resale value--- and how Toyotas and Hondas hold their value well... and how theyll never buy another GM again.....
Im a bit surprissed to see that you wish they had lower resale value.... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
people complain about GM vehicles having bad resale value--- and how Toyotas and Hondas hold their value well... and how theyll never buy another GM again.....
Im a bit surprissed to see that you wish they had lower resale value.... :eek:hno:
Makes little or no sense to me to wish for a lower resale value. :confused:

Bob

·
Registered
272 Posts
I see the same thing here in NY. A 2LT Traverse with 14K (was a rental owned for 6 months, the ownership paperwork was still in it) was on the Chevy dealer for $31995. I thought that was too much, no option either, just standard 2 LT stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bobg1951chevy said:
Makes little or no sense to me to wish for a lower resale value. :confused:

Bob
rbarrios said:
Im a bit surprissed to see that you wish they had lower resale value....
Don't get me wrong I like that they have good resale value, but I just want to get a better price when BUYING a used one. I'm more just ranting because I can get a new vehicle for very close to the same price as used and its bothering me. I want my cake and to eat it too!

I have heard from the dealers that the resale value of the Lambda's was quite a bit lower 6-12 months ago. Why did they jump up so suddenly?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
kkaldor said:
Don't get me wrong I like that they have good resale value, but I just want to get a better price when BUYING a used one. I'm more just ranting because I can get a new vehicle for very close to the same price as used and its bothering me. I want my cake and to eat it too!

I have heard from the dealers that the resale value of the Lambda's was quite a bit lower 6-12 months ago. Why did they jump up so suddenly?
One thing you should remember is that comparing a Traverse LS to an Acadia is not apples to apples.

Compare retail or cost figures on both vehicles as new units. A use Acadia is close to the price of a new Traverse, simply because of the gap between the "new unit" prices.

Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting for me to come across this topic as I just recently found out the same thing on my Acadia. Decided to check the value on Kelley Blue Book and it was worth only $5,000 less than what I paid for it about 2-1/2 years ago. Car is a 2007 Acadia SLE AWD with only 17,000 miles. It's seems like such a good deal, I'm considering a trade to a 2009 G8 GT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bobg1951chevy said:
One thing you should remember is that comparing a Traverse LS to an Acadia is not apples to apples.

Compare retail or cost figures on both vehicles as new units. A use Acadia is close to the price of a new Traverse, simply because of the gap between the "new unit" prices.

Bob
Bob, you need to read the OP again. I said Traverse LT not LS. And just to clarify more, I'm referring to an LT1.

I realize there is a difference in the new unit prices between the two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While shopping for a Traverse, found a new 2010 Traverse for 26K (after incentives) on the other side of the lot was a used Traverse 2009 with 19k miles for 24,4, and they would not budge. I looked up the used Traverse on KBB Excellent Condition 23K, with a resale of 27K. This is why I talked them down to just under 23 for my wife's 2010 Traverse

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
In Canada we are facing the same thing. I was looking for a used 2009 Traverse, or Ford Flex, and found that a new one was not that much more. Our 1LT we got for $31,500 plus tax (13%), and a good used one was around $30,000. The current incentives really helped to bring the prices closer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Why make it more appealing to buy a used car for less money when the dealer is getting incentive from the factory to move new ones? That's probably one of the reasons why the used ones are so pricey (when using an apples-to-apples comparison). I was shopping for a Honda Odyssey 18 months ago and found the same thing happening. It's a popular, reliable vehicle and the used ones were only $1000 less than a new one. We are glad we held out for our Traverse instead of getting a minivan.

I think GM has a winner on their hands (they know it) and the dealers are setting used prices accordingly.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: I would agree.

8) Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
kkaldor said:
I'm in the market for either a Traverse or Acadia. I can get a new Traverse LT for about the same price as a used ~15k mile Acadia. Is this what other people are experiencing as well? I just think that the resale value of the Lambda's are TOO good. I almost wish it they didn't have such a good resale value so that I could get one for cheaper.
That has been my experience also. I have given up on buying a used Acadia. I'll probably buy a new one sometime this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts