·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a traverse back in november
Cyber Gray 2LT Black Interior 2010
7 Seats and Personal Connectivity Package and leather seats
it now has 9,008 miles on it and is in perfect condition

Only I cannot afford to keep paying for the financing as A lot of things have gone wrong in my life and ive had to spend over 80,000 in an emergency situation. Id love it if someone could give me an idea of how much I may be able to sell this car for. I know I will be taking a loss but id like an idea of the realistic loss i would be taking. Thank You

·
Registered
407 Posts
KBS756: Real sorry to hear about your situation. There's no info on 2010's on www.kbb.com. So, I plugged in the year 2009, with an LT, and 9000 miles. Since I don't know all your options, and if it's 2WD or AWD, I just put in 2WD (FWD), and didn't click the optons, other than what's already clicked for standards. Anyway, this value may be lower than what you could get, but at least it shows the absolute lowest, since it's 2009. Value shows $29,800. I would guess you could add a grand for it being 2010, and if you have more equipment, especially AWD, then that will make it higher. What I would do is, go to that website, plug in every opton you have as if it were an 09, and then add a grand (or more). Also, check Ebay for listings of 2010's, if there are any used...and cars.com as well. There are other sources you could find too. (oh, and on the kelly blue book website (kbb.com), make sure you are looking at private party value, if you will be selling it yourself)

Hope that info helps.

EDIT: Make sure you put in leather seats, I didn't do that when I booked it out, might make the value a little higher as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have included a full list of options

Chevy Traverse LT2
- Leather Seats Ebony
- Bluetooth Phone Pairing
- 7 Passenger
- AWD
- Back up Camera (One in Mirror)

Thanks for the advice so far ... Called GMAC for my payoff amount its 34,000

·
Registered
407 Posts
AWD makes a big difference. I looked at Ebay for used 2010's, and appears that all are dealer ads, which is retail price. After finding a Traverse close to yours, still different, but close...2LT, AWD, 19,000 miles (more than twice your miles) leather, but it's an 8-passenger, but has DVD...like I said, should be similar price. That one was listed for $36,990. Then I went back to kbb.com for the difference between their retail price and private party value, based on the 2009 Traverse LT, and the retail price is $3,000 more than private party. Using that scale as a guide, the price for the above Ebay vehicle would sell for $33,990 for private party value, if it was being sold that way. Again, this is nothing as a for sure, just trying to forcast for you what yours might bring. I would dare say you could ask your $34,000 pay off amount, and should get very close to that. Looked at Chevy's website to build out one like yours to see what MSRP for new would be, and for some reason, it won't allow me to select leather seats on a 2LT, but at any rate, appears the MSRP was around $37,000 for your Traverse, am I close? If so, anyone would be glad to save $3,000 or around, for a slightly used vehicle, I would say, so you should be fine with being able to sell it. Please keep us all posted as to how you make out, really interested in hearing how you do with this. Hope this information helps you, again....it's nothing as a for sure, but should give you some referance to shoot for. Check out Ebay if you have a chance, you might find another listing that's for a Traverse more close to yours, miles and equipment. Also, any other online selling venue, or newspaper classifieds....so maybe you can see some private sellings of vehicles like yours. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just Pulled out my window sticker my MSRP was $36325 + $2115 in options which pegged the total MSRP before Destination Charge at $38,440

Thanks again for the advice so far. I am hoping to find someone. I am also considering asking a dealer if they would take it and let me trade down to a cheaper and smaller car (if i do not find a buyer myself in a short time frame). I can scan and post the window sticker if that helps

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would ask what you owe and hope to get close to that, I dont think you are looking to make money on this deal. Be honest with people and tell them you cant move far off that price as that is what you owe on it. If it doesnt sell see if you cant trade it in for something that will save you money.

Craigslist is a good place to list, you will get some calls and emails from low ballers and idiots, but alot of people look at that site.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I really do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but if my math serves me correct, buying in Nov you have made 5 paymaents at most. I would not expect to get what you owe. Some good news is if in your area Traverses are in short supply at the dealers you may get more. Check on Autotrader.com and Cars.com to see what the asking prices are for one as close to yours as you can. In Michigan in a 200 mile radius for Battle Creek, I found 25 priced between 40000 and 30000 with miles up to 15000 hope fully that helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to a car dealer to see what it would give me for it for a trade. I heard back 28k - 29k and i owe 34k so that sounds painful (they would roll it into payments for a cheaper car (hyundai sonata 2011 crazy 59% resid on that))

I am going to attempt to sell it myself I REALLY hope i can at least cut my losses to about 2 3 k max ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts