Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I need your help. I called my dealership and gave them the two part #'s on www.gmaccessorieszone.com:

1. Chrome with Black Step Pad part # 12499965
2. Chrome with Slate Step Pad part # 19170424

My dealer claims the GM parts catalog online that he has access to shows 1 above being ONLY for the Buick/GMC/Saturn crossovers. It supposedly says that very clearly in his online gm catalog.

Instead, he told me that 2 above is the ONLY part approved by GM for the Traverse. He is not sure why, but is wondering if the "slate" color somehow matches the grayish side body molding on the Traverse (giving the Traverse a more 'distinctive' look than the others).

Anyone ever visually compare 1 versus 2? I know the Black ones are posted on the photos page with the Black Traverse, but was hoping for any more part number confirmations or any other info.

My dealer parts department says if he orders it in, it will be on my credit card and I will have to purchase it.
DanTheChevyMan, any info you can dig up on me.

None on any lots within 50 miles....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have assist steps on mine. Part # 12499965, dealer installed. Here's a photo. It does show much more chrome then the photo on th GM accessoroies web site..hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same ones as Sonny320 but my part # is 19170424. They are the slate color steps and match the bottom perfectly. I looked at the running board warehouse models install pdf and I think the GM ones are stronger. I got my real cheap at :YOURACCESSORIESONLINE.COM for $442.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same ones. The steps are bolted on with very stong hardware. I installed them my self and they will not come off, trust me. I paid $385.00 plus tax from the Chevy dealer. Thats cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,

Thanks MUCH for all the great pics. I got the angles necessary to show the wife.

Also thanks for the concerns about the strength - I still need to find out more about the install instructions myself for the non-gm model.
I think my wife likes them simply because they give more of a Enclave-styled integrated look (in her opinon).

These cost enough that I am not going to rush this through - but should still make a decision before DuayneD buys a crossover :happy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts