Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been having a recurring problem with a P0455 error code on my Traverse. The P0455 error code is listed as Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected Gross Leak. I've already changed my fuel cap twice. My mechanic has looked at the fuel filler for any damage, changed all the sensors, checked the EVAP system, changed out the EVAP canister, and dropped the fuel tank to check for leaking. Still he can't find anything wrong.

One thing I do notice is that when filling up with gas I have to hold onto the head of the pump and push it in or it won't fill. Could this be an indicator of a leak somewhere in the filler neck?

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
In May of 18 bought a 15 Traverse LS. Brought it home, filled it up, drove around 300 miles till the gauge showed about 1/4, filled it up again, set code p0455. Changed gas caps, drove several hundred miles, set code p0455. Changed gas caps again and drove couple hundred miles, set code p0455.

Has been setting that stupid code, at random,no pattern, ever since.

Could pull the ole smoke test, but ain't gonna do it. Could change out a lot of expensive parts, not gonna happen.

Bottom line, deal with it, clear the code(s) and drive it like U own it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts