Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Hope to get some help, this is my first attempt and upgrading a stereo so please be patient lol.

I am using the GM3000 Wiring Harness from Scosche and I have a Kenwood DDX320BT Stereo. I have a few questions about some of the wiring.

1) The radio has a Reverse Sensor Wire (purple with white stripe), we do have a reverse sensor with the camera in the rear view mirror. The wiring harness does not have a wire for this so I am unsure where this goes (and it is very short.

2) the radio also has a Parking Sensor Wire (light green). It says to connect it to the parking brake detection switch harness, again unsure where this is or if I even have it on the car

3) The stereo has a blue antenna control wire, the harness also has a blue wire however the manual does not label it so I am unsure if this needs to be wired or not.

4) The radio has a dash and dim orange wire, but the wire harness has a single orange wire, do both go to this single one?

I hope that is all for now lol, I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to update everyone, I Wired the illumination lights together, not sure it matters in my case if they work or not, but everything appears to be working as expected. The blue antenna wire I did not need since my antenna is a static one and doesn't move so I taped it off. The purple reverse sensor is to trigger the camera to turn on in the video screen when going in reverse, but since I didn't wire my camera video into the stereo and am using it through the rear view, I also taped this off. The parking break wire I just taped to the side of the stereo so that dvd works while driving. So everything so far appears to be working as expected.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Now don't be watching tv while driving :happy: My wife would love that for long trips.
Somebody used to sell a cheat to get around the OEM touch screen HU not being able to watch videos while in gear. I don't think it's available anymore.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts