Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning my fellow chevy people.
I have been looking tirelessly looking for this piece/part. its for a 2018 chevy traverse hi country. wife backed into a rock and smashed this piece in and i cant find it anywhere. No part number nothing on it its the arrow pointing at it. any help would be greatly appricated. its the part that clamps onto muffler tip

·
Registered
2020 High Country
477 Posts
That would be a dealer part if it's available separately.
It may only be available as part of the muffler. Your dealer will have the parts breakdown.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I contacted the dealer and they couldnt help me at all haha
Is it removable or welded on? Most vehicles with tips on them standard have them tack welded on in a couple places where the vehicles that have accessory tips have a clamp/bolt on style accessory. My guess is it is welded on and would require replacing the assembly, which could involve both rear mufflers and tips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it removable or welded on? Most vehicles with tips on them standard have them tack welded on in a couple places where the vehicles that have accessory tips have a clamp/bolt on style accessory. My guess is it is welded on and would require replacing the assembly, which could involve both rear mufflers and tips.
It is tack welded on both sides as I look closer it just looks like a clamp type that just goes around the exhaust tip but I really don't no

·
Registered
2020 High Country
477 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your best bet may be to try and find a junkyard Traverse that was front or side impacted and cut off the muffler on that side. A local shop should be able to swap the tip over for an hours labor.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can swap it out not hard just hard finding parts. i was just going to buy exhaust clamp on tips for both sides so they could match. thats the way i was leaning. thoughts suggestions?

·
Registered
299 Posts
If it was round, it'd be easier.

But because it's not even a perfect square and (custom) fit for the Traverse....your best bet is to find another OEM one. As already mentioned, try and find a wrecked one and getting the tip and/or rear muffler.

Or switch out the rear tips to some dual round tips, on both sides, possibly for something different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it was round, it'd be easier.

But because it's not even a perfect square and (custom) fit for the Traverse....your best bet is to find another OEM one. As already mentioned, try and find a wrecked one and getting the tip and/or rear muffler.

Or switch out the rear tips to some dual round tips, on both sides, possibly for something different.
Yes i been looking around where i live and its hard to find anything like this around here. i guess am going to have to get something different for both sides just have to take measurements now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts