Traverse Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well, after the B&G fuel treatment, my traverse runs better than it ever has. I bought it used, so it's amazing how smooth it's running, startup hesitation is also gone. Something which is now more noticeable though is that on the highway with cruise control on, it occasionally has a hiccup, like it loses fuel or something, so there may yet be a fuel pump problem. A friend who is a master mechanic said my vehicle is too new to have fuel pump issues, I don't know. We will see what happens. I'm looking for a mechanic to diagnose it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Well, guys, I've continued to have this stutter when going uphill. Today coming to work the check engine light flashed, when I hooked up the odb2, it gave me a code of p0302 cylinder 2 misfire. Any ideas?
Also, I cleaned the throttle body last Saturday following a youtube video.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, guys, I've continued to have this stutter when going uphill. Today coming to work the check engine light flashed, when I hooked up the odb2, it gave me a code of p0302 cylinder 2 misfire. Any ideas?
Also, I cleaned the throttle body last Saturday following a youtube video.
I would pull cylinder 2's spark plug and take a look at it and the coil for damage or oil.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
1,3,5 in that order located toward the inside of the vehicle.

2,4, 6 in that order located toward the front bumper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It got dark tonight before I could swap 2 and 6, but I'll get it tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Lucky it was in the front, how did you make out. Could always be a bad plug too, if the coil swap didn't define the cause, you can try swapping the plugs between 2 and 4.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
@electbc I tried swapping, but I couldn't get 6 out, my hands are too big to get in there to undo the bolt. I'm going to try again. But number 2 looked good. Odd though I have not gotten that error anymore since I put gas in. At the time I got it, I had about a quarter tank.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen fuel pump assembly problems that only show up with low gas level. I'm not saying it is that. Just keep in mind if nothing else works

·
Registered
162 Posts
@electbc I tried swapping, but I couldn't get 6 out, my hands are too big to get in there to undo the bolt. I'm going to try again. But number 2 looked good. Odd though I have not gotten that error anymore since I put gas in. At the time I got it, I had about a quarter tank.
Don't bother with this anymore based on your findings. It's likely pump related.
I have seen fuel pump assembly problems that only show up with low gas level. I'm not saying it is that. Just keep in mind if nothing else works
Agreed to this and fuel choice plays a part. I swapped from Cumberland farms fuel to Costco and my CEL has been off for 400+ miles. Used to be on for P0420.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
@IH8SPM I don't know, why would it only show a DTC for cylinder 2 misfire? Today it happened again and I had a full tank. I just finished swapping coil packs 2 and 4, let's see what happens. Also, today I was driving and the check engine light flashed and then the screen by the gas gauge said "Serice traction control" or something, but no dtc for it when I checked.

·
Registered
162 Posts
@IH8SPM I don't know, why would it only show a DTC for cylinder 2 misfire? Today it happened again and I had a full tank. I just finished swapping coil packs 2 and 4, let's see what happens. Also, today I was driving and the check engine light flashed and then the screen by the gas gauge said "Serice StabiliTrak" or something, but no dtc for it when I checked.
Service stabilitrack can be as easy as swapping out the switch at the pedal but one thing at a time. A weak cylinder that is not receiving the right fuel pressure, coil voltage or worn plug will only trigger at that cylinder but it would have to occur multiple times for it to store the code. Wait it out and see what happens with the swap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Since the swap, I've had ZERO issues, not even the stutter on the highway with cruise control.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts