Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High Country
278 Posts
Torque only will give you P codes, I have Torque Pro, only good for a quick on the road check of P codes. You need to read all 4 code families, P, B, C and U for full diagnosis.
Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guys! I got it and it works beautifully! When I turn the key without starting, the fuel pressure is about 65 psi. Is that good? I have so many questions now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What did you do to correct the issue?
I haven't done anything, the issue persists. I just got the scanner right before I posted this, but I'm also not sure what the pressure should be. If 65 psi is good, then it might not be fuel related?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is definitely a fuel issue based on what you reported it does. There is a fuel pressure regulator in the tank and a valve the only lets fuel flow one way. I believe your issue is the fuel sending unit in the tank

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it can detect fuel pressure. You'd be looking to see how long it takes to build up. The reason I believe it to be the low pressure pump in the tank is you stated it runs just fine if you let the system prime before starting. That tells me the hpfp ran off of the cam is fine. The low pressure pump in the tank is getting weak but still in range for hpfp to compensate...most likely

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So how do I tell how long it takes it to build up? Like connect it, turn the key, and time it?

·
Registered
781 Posts
60 is good on the low side. On the high side, you can run 500 at idle and around 2000 on the highway. You should also be able to record misfires and cat temps, see if you cats are heating up evenly and quickly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How do I see how the cars are heating up? I’ll try again in the morning with the fuel pressure as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How do I see how the cars are heating up? I’ll try again in the morning with the fuel pressure as well.
While in app, select the gear icon/settings and select add display, fuel/air widget. You can also select a all data widget to live stream.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
@IH8SPM I didn't see an option to add a display, but I went into the dashboard and was able to add a screen for fuel pressure.
@Troublesome3 @electbc I connected the scanner this morning, turned the key without starting the engine, and waited a second. Then I started it and the fuel pressure was 70psi, then it kind of jumped between 60 and 70 for a few seconds. Is there an ideal or preferred number it should say?

21 - 40 of 75 Posts