Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help removing the PCV valve. As I was twisting the stem part, it sheared off and left piece in the hole. Is there another way to remove?

Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
See if you can get a screw in where the threads can bit into the plastic then try to yank the screw out. Otherwise you will probably have to pull the valve cover.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
hard to tell. this the metal part?
what year?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
look at post #25. someone used a trim removal tool to lift theirs up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See if you can get a screw in where the threads can bit into the plastic then try to yank the screw out. Otherwise you will probably have to pull the valve cover.
Yeah, looks like I'll have to remove the valve cover.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
509 Posts
No need to do a reset when pulling a valve cover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@repairman54, @rbarrios, and @cintocrunch thank you so much for your help!! Looks like I'm getting closer to fixing the P0171 error code. Now it makes an off and on hiss sound but after driving the car for a while. Also noticed when I let go of the accelerator while driving the STFT1 and LTFT1 jump to about 35 then it's corrects itself. Also the RPM bounce when applying the brakes but not all the time. When its been sitting and cold start it will not make the hiss sound when started. Sounds like it's coming from the intake hose close to the throttle body side but do not see any noticeable damage. Sprayed liquid on there but do not see anything. Should I be looking at a certain reading on the ODB2 scanner? Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sounds like you may have a crack in the plastic intake tube. I'd pull it off and check it, the material used doesn't keep its flexibility forever and the accordion section has been known to crack on many vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts