Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I own 2016 well I financed 2016 traverse and I was almost out of gas going to cash my check. Now I filled my car up but overfilled slightly to where fuel flowed out on to my hand now as I pulled out of parking lot I noticed the dash lights and all instrumentation or gauges were dead then not two blocks later my car begins to jerk upon acceleration it can maintain a steady speed of under 70 but getting there is a violent ordeal of this and jerking so next day I wake up and it's fixed no more jerking it's like that all morning then I walked in a store upon return the power locks keyfob and blower motors for heat no longer worked that and my rear wiper won't stop and jerking recommenced idk what's wrong can someone help me plz I already owe 20 grand on this traverse and can't be out a vehicle and have a payment

· Registered
4,256 Posts
New battery or not, get it load tested (don't just measure voltage on the terminals). This car is highly susceptible to poor/failing batteries. There are people here who have claimed a newer battery, but then it tested bad - so you can't rule out a battery based on age.

Your car is 1 yr older than mine. I just changed my battery last fall. I was pushing my luck, as the battery was over 5-1/2 yrs old. You may have been equally lucky and gotten 6-1/2 years out of yours, but now it's finally bit the dust.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I hear that but look there is entirely way to much **** malfunctioning to just need a new battery I'm talking now today it won't even go into gear it's like it's locked in place and now my rear wiper blade stays on no matter if I switch it off at control I'm going to have to have see the dealership for repair hoo all goes well I'm not financially stable enough to be dropping my third down payment this month I just can't do it

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Suit yourself.

But it's an easy, cheap check to have it load tested. Auto parts places will do it, or you can buy a tester for $20-30 bucks at Harbor Freight and do it yourself. If you don't need a new battery, it's cost you 20 bucks. If you do need one, now you KNOW you need one.

The problem is the computers in these cars want good, solid dependable power. Poor/failing batteries don't provide that. Many, many, many issues here on the forum that have been resolved by a new battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts