Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few addons comming nextweek and I was hoping a few of you here has already installed them:

I was an installer at a BMW dealership in Germany back in the 90s so I am pretty familiar with doing this stuff. I'm having the remote programmed for free, But I would like to know the following to PREpare myself BEFORE I install these;

2 way advanced remote:
I already have remote start, and power everything so the remote is not adding anything, except I will now have the tire/psi info available on the remote and the extended range, and whatever else the remote does.
-What is the antenna connected to, power, remote system control unit?
--Where are these connections located?
-If I need to run my own power, where is the best place to connect to
- I DO REALIZE THAT I MAY HAVE TO HAVE THIS INSTALL DONE AT THE DEALER IF IT IS MORE INVOLVED THAN I AM THINKING.

GM Headrest DVD System
-Is there a power lead or harness in place, or do I have to run power myself
--If I need to run my own power, where is the best place to connect to or
is there a connection somewhere already for the GM headrest system?
- If these OEM headrest DVDs are totally independent from the factory stuff Thats cool...
BTW I have the OEM overhead system but am installing the headrest because I prefer them.

Thanks in advanced for ANY help or hints you can give me! :beer:

Kg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woooow, amazing that nobody here knows anything about these. Well If I don't get any answers I'll post what I did for each of these.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LTZ Loaded

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh crap, just found out that the dealer will have to install remote and module, sounds like current remote interface will need to be reflached or rebooted after this is installed.

Not too bad though , only $100 bucks or so!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I had to dealer instill the remote and it works great, and I got an exra remote for only $40

The headrests needed to recovered to match and they look perfect the guy who did them charged $100, and followed the original pattern and stitching. The entire headrest system with the new covers for less than $500. I'll install as a family present after Christmas. The kids will love being able to watch seperate DVDs and the wife will love being able to drive without the roof mounted DVD in her rear view!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
pretty cool...
how visible are they to prying eyes?

I noticed that the neighbors Honda had its windows smashed...
As I ran down the street- I noticed another car had its windows smashed.

Appears low lifes were out looking for aftermarket goodies to steal.
I dont know if it helped--- But I have a Flashing RED LED right above my Sirius radio.