Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Traverse LT2 with about 160,000 miles. Was told needed to replace timing chain and gears ($4,392). They also required an oil change ($52.38), coolant flush ($132) and air condition service ($192) although they charged $562 to repair the AC the month before. The grand total was $5,106. Does this sound right? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
For reference, I was charged $2700 just to reseal the timing cover but luckily the extended warranty picked up the tab on that and the steering rack replacement ($1100)

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Price seems about right based on what I recall seeing here on the forum. You might want to put "timing chain" in the search field and see for yourself.

But the bigger question might be: Is it worth it to put $4500 into a car that's almost 13 yrs old?

Go to Kelly Blue Book or Edwards, put in your data, and see what it's worth. You may decide you'd be throwing good money after bad if you kept it.

·
Registered
2019 High Country
108 Posts
Price seems about right based on what I recall seeing here on the forum. You might want to put "timing chain" in the search field and see for yourself.

But the bigger question might be: Is it worth it to put $4500 into a car that's almost 13 yrs old?

Go to Kelly Blue Book or Edwards, put in your data, and see what it's worth. You may decide you'd be throwing good money after bad if you kept it.

You take it up the caboose either way....

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 Traverse LT2 with about 160,000 miles. Was told needed to replace timing chain and gears ($4,392). They also required an oil change ($52.38), coolant flush ($132) and air condition service ($192) although they charged $562 to repair the AC the month before. The grand total was $5,106. Does this sound right? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My timing chain on my 2012 Traverse was replaced about two years ago and that price seems about right. About six months prior I signed up for CarShield and so I didn't have to pay out of pocket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts