Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.... "I'm new here....told y'all earlier that even though I read the owners manual, I still have questions and don't understand everything. I have 2020 Traverse LT and have read the manuals, played with the radio and still don't see what I think I want or have. I don't care to have onstar due to it's cost. The manual says I have a nav system, but the only one I see is through onstar. Manual says I have maps, but I have yet to find them. Anyone know how to double check and confirm? Can I connect my android phone and use google maps? I have bluetooth set up, will that move google maps to the radio screen? Or should I admit defeat and go back to dealer and have them show me? Don't want to spend money for something I won't need or use regular. I have a Garmin GPS and our phones, so the nav system is not that important....just wanted to use it if it was available.
Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.... so if my system does not have nav system, how can I run it on the screen using my phone and google maps or waze, or harley ride planner???

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know if your LT has ApplePlay. My Premier does, and I use it to run Google Maps on my iPhone, projected to my vehicle screen. I haven't tried it using BlueTooth; have only used the USB cable and "lightning" connection to the phone. I set my destination in Google Maps, connect the cable, select "projection" and ApplePlay on the screen and it's set.

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Android..... and having problems with trying to do anything other than make or take phone calls. Guess I should head back to the dealership and talk the the electronic guru....

·
Registered
257 Posts
My daughter also has an Android phone, and she is able to project Google Maps as well. She just selects "Projection" from the "home" screen after connecting using her USB cable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to connect your phone via the USB cable. Android auto should launch and prompt you through the initial setup. If not find the Android auto icon and press it and follow the setup directions. My 2020 does not have a projection button it says Android auto. You can use either Maps or waze as long as they are on your phone. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what happened....my cell phone disconnected with the system. I went back to dealership and we hooked the phone back up.... not sure how we disconnected, but I'm sure I started punching buttons. They did show me how I can run google map or waze from the phone to the screen on radio. I need to get a chance to play with it more... Still not sure about all this high fangled crap!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts