Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the side step rails and the headrest DVDs included in the financed price. The only additional item I added was chrome moulding around the tail lights. It is the 3M tape variety which was purchased from Auto Zone for $14. Very minor, but makes a huge difference I think. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the DVD headrests. The screens do tilt as shown for the optimum viewing angle. The wireless headphones sound quality is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! The 1st pic of your ride above is amazing, it's spotless clean!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHEVerse said:
Congrats! The 1st pic of your ride above is amazing, it's spotless clean!
Thanks! I really want to get my front windows tinited like you have on yours. I really like the changes you've made to your Traverse. Very nicely done!

It's funny, this is really my wifes Traverse and she likes it the way it is. However, I find myself wanting to do things to it like tinting the windows and researching the possibility of putting an Enclave roof rack on it. I like the design on the Enclave roof rack and the chrome would really stand out against the dark blue metallic paint. There's also a standing auction on eBay that will swap my stock LTZ rims for a set of LTZ rims that have been chromed.

Perhaps my enthusiam for all these additional changes will die down a bit when the first payment comes due. I haven't had a car payment in over 5 years, so I know the "hurt" is coming in a couple of weeks courtesy of GMAC :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
MemphisMan: With your taste in chrome trim, maybe you should have just purchased the Enclave. ::) However, I think the running boards you put on look great. I'm not usually a fan of running boards, but those just "pop" on your ride, they look much better than on an Enclave. As for your chrome trim around the taillights...Enclave want-a-be :happy:...but I think they look great! Chevy should have made that factory standard, at least on the LTZ. Wondering how that chrome trim will stand up to countless automatic car washes....other than that, kudos for making your Traverse look top notch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
09Enclave said:
MemphisMan: With your taste in chrome trim, maybe you should have just purchased the Enclave. ::) However, I think the running boards you put on look great. I'm not usually a fan of running boards, but those just "pop" on your ride, they look much better than on an Enclave. As for your chrome trim around the taillights...Enclave want-a-be :happy:...but I think they look great! Chevy should have made that factory standard, at least on the LTZ. Wondering how that chrome trim will stand up to countless automatic car washes....other than that, kudos for making your Traverse look top notch.
LOL. Funny you should say that because I really wanted the Enclave because of the chrome. But it is my wifes Traverse after all and she's not a big fan of the wood accents in the Enclave, which was the deal breaker at the end of the day. So far so good on my Enclave "wanna-be" taillight trim :thumb: My chrome trim inserts on the door use the same type tape, so hopfully my trim will last just as long. It's just kinda missing something without the trim and I agree with you that it should've been standard. However, I do understand the need to cut costs where they could. I saw a 2010 Enclave last week that had running boards integrated into the lower bodywork. Was this an option on the 2009s? It looked really nice. Where can I see pics of your Enclave?

Thanks for the compliments. Oh yeah, the Traverse purchase was a means to an end. I had to replace our 12 year old minivan before I could get a new Camaro...but only when they produce the covertibles. :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here's my gallery page on the Enclave forum. you have to have a login name, and be logged in to view photos, I believe. Poke around, after looking at my photos, at other gallery photos, there's a ton, and some show the running boards, which have been a dealer option on Enclaves since 2008 model year. (the ones that are molded close to the body, that look like original equipment)

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=6981

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
09Enclave said:
Here's my gallery page on the Enclave forum. you have to have a login name, and be logged in to view photos, I believe. Poke around, after looking at my photos, at other gallery photos, there's a ton, and some show the running boards, which have been a dealer option on Enclaves since 2008 model year. (the ones that are molded close to the body, that look like original equipment)

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=6981
Thanks for the link and sharing the pics. I didn't know the integrated running boards were a first year option...nice. Sweet ride you've got there. I hope you get many years of enjoyment and trouble free driving out of your Enclave. :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
MemphisMan said:
Thanks for the link and sharing the pics. I didn't know the integrated running boards were a first year option...nice. Sweet ride you've got there. I hope you get many years of enjoyment and trouble free driving out of your Enclave. :cheers:
Thanks! Here's a link to the GM parts page that shows the running boards for the Enclave, they are over $700!! Just in case you were wondering, take a look:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Buick/2009/Enclave/Molded Assist Steps/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts