Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprisingly good! I rode 250 miles, about 4 hours, in the rear seat, and got out feeling fine. I wanted to see what I might be offering to family members if we need to put adults back there. It's been strictly 11 years old and under back there until now. Leg room was the tightest fit, but doable. I'm 6', with a 33 inch in seam. I was worried about the lower cushion not extending out under my leg toward my knee very far, but it didn't bother me. Of course, your mileage may vary!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree that the 3rd row in the Lambdas are very good, even for adults. Of course, if someone is larger frame, and/or heavier set, it may pose a little comfort issue, but I'm 170lbs, and 6', and I have no problems back there. However, everyone is built different. My height is in my legs, so I don't sit up that high. Someone with a long torso might have head room issues, because there's not a ton left over for me, but again...works for most adults. Playing around with the seat (2nd row) can give you a little more room, you can "split the difference" between the two, so the 2nd row rider can still have leg room, and the 3rd row rider isn't cramped. Just don't put the seat all the way back, and recline it, you will for sure be limited in knee room.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
09Enclave said:
Playing around with the seat (2nd row) can give you a little more room, you can "split the difference" between the two, so the 2nd row rider can still have leg room, and the 3rd row rider isn't cramped. Just don't put the seat all the way back, and recline it, you will for sure be limited in knee room.
I don't know where the second row was adjusted in it's forward/back travel, but as you say, it couldn't be reclined very much before it hit my legs.

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
on the sides of the 2nd row- both sides--- towards the bottom-- there is a small handle with the picture of a seat and I think it has arrows--- pull on the handle- and the seat slides back and forth
the 60-40 seats can be moves independent of each other.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I recently had 5 adult guys in the Traverse, I have the capitan chairs so one had to sit in the 3rd row. He went out of his way to comment on how comfortable it was. I personally have never got back there ( I am 6'5" ), but you can tell by just looking at them you have a decent amount of room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts