Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a 2010 back in June.
Today dealer called and said it came in........BUT... that it had over 300 miles on the odometer- from the factory!!!!
He said it was built- and before shipping- was pulled out of the batch- and had the GOVT emissions testing done to it.....
He did say that GM has offered a $750 rebate for the miles put on.

OR-- I can order again and wait...

Im pondering this one...
Was this a quality inspection + emissions testing?... meaning they scrutinized it and passed
Or maybe they hooked up sensors and drove it around the factory test site? I dont know..
Ill let you know what else I know...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Very interesting barrios. That does give one pause for thought.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would be pissed, to say the least.....this is SO unacceptable on so many levels, to pull a customer's sold order for this...NO,,,,uh uh, I would NOT take it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is not normal...300miles ??? i dont think they test your traverse for GOVT emissions...they dont take a sold truck for emissions testing ??? :confused:from i recall the truck does not need to move.
your dealer have proof of this? maybe hidding something ...300miles of good driving...i bet :eek:hno: it leaves alot of questions ???
Order again will be my choice or a better answer from the dealer or even GM ,
750$ is not a good deal :eyebrow: like i said you dont know how they drove it...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you should demand the $750 plus a new Traverse with 0 miles on it, not one or the other. Get the new one and take the $750 for making you wait for the new one!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to go check it out and see whats up.
Maybe see if the $750 rebate is an actual GM rebate.

Im thinking several things.....
Since it was built soon after the 2010 Traverse factory line came back online- they are doing quality checks?
this is a California car- and its being scrutinized for emissions...
The testing was done in an enclosed room on rollers with computers/sensors hooked up to it.
I have gotten response from another dealer- that some cars do come in with miles from the factory...

Ill let you know what I find out.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another possibility is some jerk-off at the dealer decided to drive it not knowing that it was custom ordered. If the rebate is not direct from GM (with proof) I would be suspicious about someone covering their butts on this one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
zman said:
Another possibility is some jerk-off at the dealer decided to drive it not knowing that it was custom ordered. If the rebate is not direct from GM (with proof) I would be suspicious about someone covering their butts on this one.
Bingo, now that one I believe. I'm betting the same, it came in, they failed to see it was a sold order, went on the lot, and some salesperson/manager put a customer in it overnight for an extended test drive, OR it has been driven by the dealer's managers, owners, etc.....again a mistake, but NO I would not take it. The WHOLE point to ordering is to get a BRAND new vehicle, driven by no one but you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Strange - I would have thought the WHOLE point in special ordering your car would be to get one to your exact specification. Having said that, I suppose I would be a little miffed it came with those miles on it but, lets face it, 300 miles is not much in a cars life.

In my case I found my exact specification car at a dealer over 100 miles away and got my local dealer to do a trade and get it for me. It had 309 miles on the clock on delivery which didn't concern me at all. I still get the full 36,000 mile warranty (ie it expires at 36,309) so why worry?

·
Registered
43 Posts
MartinC said:
Strange - I would have thought the WHOLE point in special ordering your car would be to get one to your exact specification. Having said that, I suppose I would be a little miffed it came with those miles on it but, lets face it, 300 miles is not much in a cars life.

In my case I found my exact specification car at a dealer over 100 miles away and got my local dealer to do a trade and get it for me. It had 309 miles on the clock on delivery which didn't concern me at all. I still get the full 36,000 mile warranty (ie it expires at 36,309) so why worry?
I agreed. Take the $750, go to gmoutlet.com, and buy an extended warranty if you're concerned about it. But wait until 11.9 months or 11,999 to buy it. Or just put the $750 in your pocket and say thank you. Or maybe, if they are going to give you $750 for every 300 miles, have them drive it for 15,00 miles and they should then give it to you for free!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive gotten replies from others-- that they have seen some new cars come in with miles on them from testing.... but not 300.
When I go see the vehicle- Im going to ask to see any documentation that the vehicle was tested for emissions testing...... as that seems to be what they provided for them.
Also- this rebate- im going to try to see if thats a GM thing-- or dealer thing...

So far ive gotten multiple responses ranging from its 300 miles have warranty start from there.--- take the cash.... to dont take it at all....
Interesting....
Ill keep you updated on whether I get it or not..

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lewisra said:
I agreed. Take the $750, go to gmoutlet.com, and buy an extended warranty if you're concerned about it. But wait until 11.9 months or 11,999 to buy it. Or just put the $750 in your pocket and say thank you.

very interesting .... lewrisa.

does this GMPP major guard work AFTER the 100K--- or does it extend the bumper to bumper out to what ever option you choose?

This sounds appealing because on our 07 Impala-- its been great- but in the last week- the left actuator went out-- replaced under warranty...and then yesterday the right actuator started making the grinding noise..... hmmmmm right as were about to hit 32K...
so... I think these items arent covered after 36K....
your suggestion about the GMPP makes sense... to use with that $750...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds kinda shady to me man. I didn't order mine, but requested specific options so they did a search and one came up about 70 miles away in Paris, TX just how I wanted it. I was there when the guy drove it in from paris and it had 74 miles on odo.

it's a 2010 too by the way

·
Registered
53 Posts
We had driven a similar Traverse locally, but they would not deal and their evehicle was not exactly what I wanted anyway.

I bought our 2009 over the Internet and never spoken to the dealer.

They drove it 150-miles to my son, who checked it out closely before receipt and drove it another 150-miles to us. We have increased that to 3,000-miles in about 3-weeks, all flawless.

I bought a 1994 Cadillac Concours company car, with 137,000-miles - that had a previous life as a rental. There was no way to determine how it was pounded before me. However, since it survived all that and everything I handed it - with 215,000-miles and no significant repairs - it was the finest car we have ever owned.

One way to look at the pre-mileage is that the Dealer is responsible for whatever in those first critical miles and hours where everything gets road-tested.

I would tend to take the money, any extra warrenty, along with any dealer-services they would give as well.

After all, its not like this vehicle is your bride dressed in white, and all that goes with that scenario, right? :-X

This might make an interesting POLL.

Good Luck in any case

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the VIN and had someone check it out.
It comes back normal.
Ive had several people tell me that the vehicle was most likely pulled and scrutinized by GM inspectors...
One person told me not to sweat it... as GM inspectors drive them lightly and inspect for defects...... they dont take them out on a track and torture test them.....
WHen I checkout the vehicle ill look for stuff... then go from there....

Spring hill workers went back to work on July 27 I think. Production started on July 30... and this one was built on July 31....
so im leaning towards this one being scrutinuzed for build quality.... well see...

·
Registered
43 Posts
rbarrios said:
very interesting .... lewrisa.

does this GMPP major guard work AFTER the 100K--- or does it extend the bumper to bumper out to what ever option you choose?

This sounds appealing because on our 07 Impala-- its been great- but in the last week- the left actuator went out-- replaced under warranty...and then yesterday the right actuator started making the grinding noise..... hmmmmm right as were about to hit 32K...
so... I think these items arent covered after 36K....
your suggestion about the GMPP makes sense... to use with that $750...
It extends out the b to b. If you buy right before 12 months or 12,000 miles, it extends from that point in time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A bit off the subject but does it seem odd to anyone else that you can already buy a 2010 Traverse but you can't look at one on the Chevy website? I'm the kind of guy that doesn't buy ANYTHING without researching it first and how the heck do you research something that doesn't have data available to look at?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah--- you cant find the 2010 info on the Chevy website yet...
About 2 weeks ago-- edmunds and yahoo posted the 2010 Traverse info.

In the past- I guess you were out of luck--- or knew a nice salesman-- who would order you a next year model--- instead of trying to sell you the stuff on his lot.

In my case-- I was able to get the 2010 info back in mid June from a GM website....... I printed it out and looked it over and picked what I wanted...
when I went to see the salesman--- we ordered the vehicle.. (his web order stuff was essentially what I had on paper).

Thats how I knew way back in June that several things were discontinued on the Traverse...
Moss Green metallic paint,
projector lamps on the LTZ
LEDs for the park assist
CA edition with 20's (on LT 1 and 2)
Roof Rail deleted

and several things were added....
USB port on some trims
Connectivity package (remote start, bluetooth, garage door opener)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
So I ordered a 2010 back in June.
Today dealer called and said it came in........BUT... that it had over 300 miles on the odometer- from the factory!!!!
He said it was built- and before shipping- was pulled out of the batch- and had the GOVT emissions testing done to it.....
He did say that GM has offered a $750 rebate for the miles put on.

OR-- I can order again and wait...

Im pondering this one...
Was this a quality inspection + emissions testing?... meaning they scrutinized it and passed
Or maybe they hooked up sensors and drove it around the factory test site? I dont know..
Ill let you know what else I know...
Roberto,

I retired from Chevy, after 35 years of service to them. I have never seen such mileage on a pre delivery unit from the factory. The factory KNOWS what is a sold unit and what is a stock unit as the unit is built ..... certainly a sold unit would not be subjected to 300 miles of whatever. I'm betting the culprit is within the dealership, not the factory.

Get another unit. Not necessary to open yourself up to potential butt aches. You'll chew up $750 woth of aspirins.

Bob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts