Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you hadn't stumbled across the other thread sharing which Travers I have, I'm a very recent owner of a Silver Ice Metallic Traverse, LS model.

In the near future (hopefully :-\) I look to add the following mods. Some of these are OEM and should fit right on with no problems, others will be aftermarket so I hope that you guys can chime in and give me some pointers and also whether or not it would be a good idea to add these mods. It's my first time ever seriously considering adding any mods whatsoever, to any vehicle.

OEM
-color-coded (silver) mirrors with side-turn markers.
-color-coded (silver) body-side molding (LTZ one).
-LTZ rear bumper for dual-exhaust.
-Over-head entertainment system.
-These wheels ---->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/SBTexans08/OEMGM17802988CHROME.jpg

AFTERMARKET
-Dual-exhaust with sound like that found on Infiniti FX45. Let me know if this is feasible.
-Sound, of course.
-Pinstripe (if someone could post a pic to see just how pinstripes actually fair on the Traverse. I have yet to see one with pinstripes on)

Thanks, all! :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the wheels in the picture, but I've seen them on an Acadia or Enclave and wasn't as happy with them...personal taste completely though so do go by what I am saying.

As for the dual exhaust that sounds like an Infiniti, I had thought the same thing for my Acadia. So far there are no aftermarket cat-back exhausts specifically for the Lambdas. There has been at least one Acadia owner who I know has upgraded to a mix of Magnaflow and another brand that is escaping me right now to create a custom sound(Replacing both pre-mufflers and mufflers). He simply picked the mufflers that he wanted which fit the area and had an exhaust shop bend up the pipe accordingly. So back to your Infiniti question...As long as you can find Infiniti mufflers that are going to fit the area under the Traverse you could have a shop take care of the piping. But to expect the same sound from them on a Traverse as they do on an Infiniti is not likely. At least this is what I have been told because exhaust note is not solely dependent on the muffler alone. The engine tuning, size, orientation, architecture and entire exhaust routing all play a role to make the distinctive sound.

All that being said...if you decide to give it a try and it does end up sounding like an Infiniti then shoot me a PM with the details, so I can set my Acadia up with it as well :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts