Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home and got into deep water. The water got inside the car for a minute then i was able to park on high ground. The issues was everything electronic was flashing on and off, wipers stuck on, main dashboard flashing, horn on. Every warning light was on. I put the car on park tried to turn it off, but couldn't. After multiple trials the car was off but everything was flashing. I disconnected the battery. Kids were safe. We waited for more than an hour. Inside water was drained but the carpet still soaked. I tried to connect the battery but again the horn turned on and none of the internal instruments or dashboards worked. Car is now officially dead.

What shall i do knowing that no professional workshops around.

Is the main computer module aready damaged beyond repair? Or if it drys out it might work again normal?. I assure the engine is fine.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Is a flood damaged car repairable?
It depends on the severity of the flooding. Minor flooding that's quickly drained can often be repaired, but vehicles that are severely flooded or sit in water for days are often considered unrepairable by insurance companies, which leads to the car being declared a total loss.
Flooded cars are often declared a total loss because repairing water damage is complicated and costly. A total loss means the insurance company has determined that the damage cannot be repaired safely, or the cost to repair the vehicle is more than the value of the car.
Flooded cars are often declared a total loss because repairing water damage is complicated and costly.
Once the vehicle is declared a total loss, the owner is paid the vehicle's value at the time of the loss, minus any deductible. The vehicle is then issued a salvage title to warn potential buyers that it's been declared a total loss. Insurers often sell salvage title vehicles to salvage yards or rebuilders.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The best thing would be to open up the connections which got wet, dry them and clean any corrosion. Who knows what damage to the Electronics has happened. You have a lot of work ahead of you if you want this to be a reliable vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts