Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got my oil sample back and the metals were high; is the the norm for these engines? The guys at blackstone feel this is normal for a first oil change. Granted I was going by the OLM which clearly stated I had 33% left when I changed it. Based on the results there is no way I could have made it that much longer. I went with my gut and changed it early.

Refilled with Castrol Edge 5-30 synthetic and Fram Extended Guard (P#XG10060) 10,000 mile filter. Lets see what happens next.

Miles on oil were 6865.

Sorry for the delay, here is the redacted version of my oil report.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
rjkone said:
Ok, just got my oil sample back and the metals were high; is the the norm for these engines? The guys at blackstone feel this is normal for a first oil change. Granted I was going by the OLM which clearly stated I had 33% left when I changed it.
Thanks for doing this (i.e. doing a UOA).

This is the factory fill oil...correct? Considering you went over 6k miles on the FF these wear #s are not unusual.

The oil did shear but at least Blackstone didnt find excessive amounts of fuel as has been the case with other GM 3.6L DI engines.

Please consider doing a UOA of EDGE when the time comes so as to see the expected trend down.

PS Robert, you might want to edit that UOA PDF to remove your personal ID i.e. address and email address

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was factory fill. Will do a follow up with Edge to see how it performed. Can't believe I forgot to edit that. Thanks

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Im guessing youre editing the UOA- as I cant see it...

But yes- if you can get a UOA in the Edge..
I think theres someone else that just started using that oil-- and people are curious to see how it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts