Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hang around over at the Enclave forum sometimes and occasionally pick up some useful info from the snobs --- er, I mean, the kind and considerate Buick owners. (Just kidding. They're really nice people.)

Anyway, there's a thread over there above a guy who just got a 2010 Enclave in black granite (he calls it "the dark side" because it replaces a brown one that GM bought back as a lemon -- no, I don't know the details - something about a defective camshaft.) Somewhere in the discussion about the guy's new car, it's mentioned that on 2010 Enclaves -- at least in the later builds -- the moonroofs no longer have motorized sunshades and instead have spring loaded manual units like the front ones have.

Does this downgrade apply to Traverse as well? I figure it must. Not that it that big a deal, but the driver will no longer be able to open or close the sunshade from the front seat.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ours has spring-loaded (manual) sunshades. I was hoping for a solid piece with headliner fabric on it (like our Regal had). No biggie though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually planning to get the front sunroof tinted dark as I don't like it when the sun comes thru the screen cover. I find it distracting or annoying at least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum that the power shade was on the 09's and early 2010's and now is not available. I have an early 2010 and it is power. I cannot find the thread that states that, but am sure someone will.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine is power as well. Is the manual one black and has holes in it like the driver one? Or is it still the same color as the headliner and solid? If they not only made it manual but also made it that black mesh that sucks. Even when the driver shade is closed the sun still gets through. I considered tinting it when I got the windows tinted but didnt do it. The 09 shade matches the head liner and when closed you might even not notice it was there.

Also, what went into the place where the button was to open close on the on 09? Just an empty spot now? Would love a pic if anyone would take one.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So where they power button is for the 09 (on the right I think), what is there in the 2010 since the shade is no longer power? See pic below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts