Traverse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was poking around youtube and found this lady. Apparently she is a video blogger on youtube who loves her Traverse. I watched her videos and found them semi entertaining, if nothing else she was not bad on the eyes.... thought I would share.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Um....YES, there ARE air bags in all those spots she pointed out..... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
yeah--- it sounds silly that shes pointing out these airbags...

but she appears very informed on the Traverse...
I know quite a few women (men too)- who cant or wouldnt be able to point out where ANY airbags are located (maybe the steering wheel one).
But--- shes kindly pointing them out to other women- who these videos appear to be aimed at...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh YES! I showed these to my mom when we were looking for a car. There are a lot more vids on some website. But this was something where 5 moms got a Traverse 2LT and were given 8 weeks to try it out. I think its a North Texas Chevy promotion.

http://www.mommymadnessdfw.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
And it was these that showed us we wanted a 2LT, not a 1LT ;D

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
yeah--- it sounds silly that shes pointing out these airbags...

but she appears very informed on the Traverse...
I know quite a few women (men too)- who cant or wouldnt be able to point out where ANY airbags are located (maybe the steering wheel one).
But--- shes kindly pointing them out to other women- who these videos appear to be aimed at...
My point was, she said she really didn't think there were air bags in all those locations, that Chevy was just trying to remind owners their vehicles were safe....but actually, there ARE air bags at all those locations. That's all I was saying.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it begs the question. Is the Traverse a chick ride? Seems like they are marketing it towards women?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The first thing I would point out is RE: video #2........do not and I repeat do not "ever" put a shopping cart againt the car when unloading the cart. (and your supposed to park as far away from the entrance of the store as possible)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
willie4 said:
The first thing I would point out is RE: video #2........do not and I repeat do not "ever" put a shopping cart againt the car when unloading the cart. (and your supposed to park as far away from the entrance of the store as possible)
I try to get my wife to park far out, but in the cold I lose that battle most of the time. However I tell her she can never park in a spot right before or after a cart return. I see people push their carts from 10 feet out towards the cart return thinking they have good aim.... yeah not so much and it pegs the car next to the return. :banghead:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry, but I love the grocery store video. I don't like to cook, because I don't have time. But she has time to post videos on the internet. Priceless.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
I hear ya on the shopping cart....
I also like to park away from the crowds-- AND park at the high point in the lot...
Ive seen too many shopping carts be left by someone- and it slowly starts to roll--- obviously downhill... and WHAM!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
I hear ya on the shopping cart....
I also like to park away from the crowds-- AND park at the high point in the lot...
Ive seen too many shopping carts be left by someone- and it slowly starts to roll--- obviously downhill... and WHAM!!!
Rule of thumb, don't take your new vehicle to the grocery story....take the older one (if you have more than one). We try and avoid taking the Enclave to the grocery, we use the 2004 Bonneville, which we still don't want dings, but I think it's less prone to getting damages, since the bumpers seem to have a more sturdy surface, and don't have the parking sensors which would be expensive to repair. Also, I don't have any mouldings on the Enclave, like the Traverse has, so I'm even more nervous about that. However, selecting just that right parking spot helps too. I look for an end spot, if possible, and one near a curb, so I can snug up as close to the curb, without rubbing the tires, to give the most room on the other side where it's next to another car. But, I don't want to be WAY out where it's obvious I'm trying to protect the car, and also where someone could run into it, or a cart could roll from a long distance, and be worse. Also don't like spots right in front, where there is a lot of other vehicle movement. Best spot is in front of the store, but several isles away from the door, so it's kind of far away, but still in front.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: I have to say it very informative. I am one of those people who watch were I park also I would rather walk across the parking lot than park up front by shopping carts or people that are just in a hurry and bang the crap out of you vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts