Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the carpet is wet under the gas pedal after trips when using air conditioner?

·
Registered
47 Posts
No have not noticed this but I have noticed moisture in the second row. We have clear carpet plastic that you normaly use in your house to protect the carpet. We have it in the second row and everytime after a down pour, I open the right rear door and see moisture under the plastic. This is after it has been sitting there in 100+ temps. I guess the water or moisture has been evaporating and getting stuck to the plastic. Maybe there is a leak some where

A

·
0 Posts
EasyTZ said:
Anyone else notice the carpet is wet under the gas pedal after trips when using air conditioner?
Could be the A/C drain line; if it's clogged it will seep into the cabin area

Here is an excerpt from the Acadia forum:

The drain tube is located to the right of the accel pedal. if you push the left lower console panel in far enough and pull the carpet out, you will find the drain tube. No need to pull the dash apart. Get under the vehicle and find the drain. It is located inside one of the unibody rails (roughly below the drivers right foot towards the center of the vehicle). Can be hard to find. Look inside the rail from the rear. The tube has fingers on it, pull the fingers off with a needle nosed pliers. Make sure the blower motor and connector are checked for water damage and corrosion. The HVAC unit on these vehicles have no filters and large screens in the cowl that let debris in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I will dig into it and check the drain. TZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts