Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside temperature about 17 Celsius, windows up, travelled about 15 minutes at 90 km/h.....no heat or A/C on....
Parked car for about 5 minutes or so...come back, hop in and see moisture on windshield (inside) above where the defrost is....roughly the diameter of a basketball......disappears after a few minutes of driving....

It resembles when you have a leak in your heater block and that does the same thing on your windshield....however, there is NO smell of coolant in the vehicle.......

Ideas???.....

Thanks

Medman :beer:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
residual moisture left over from the previous cooling session.
With vehicle parked- the moisture left over INside the ducts evaporates and then condenses on your cool glass...

You may sometimes see this when you also turn on your fan- and briefly--- the window gets a little foggy as air moves thru the vents...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow.....first vehicle I have ever owned that has done this on a "normal" basis....

So in other words, there is no problem....but that is really wierd...

Thanks

Medman :beer:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Ive seen it in several vehicles....
most recently- our 07 Impala... 2 days ago.
I told my gf------- Youve been running the AC havent you?
she looks at me with a "how do you know" expression.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I rarely use the AC in my Trailblazer--- but I recall seeing it once or twice.
Once I drive the Traverse more--- well see...

But It may be possible to control this-
and this helps with the AC musty smell---
if you use the AC--- maybe 3-5 minutes before you get to you destination- and if you or your passengers dont mind--- turn the FAN on HIGH- and if you want (and its not too hot).. roll down the windows a bit...
get some outside air (turn off recirculate) flowing thru the ducts--
hopefully this dries off leftover moisture and to control the musty smell and the fogging windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts