Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought our used 2017 it was just listed as a Traverse.

Being that it is a plain jane, no bells or whistles, I took it for granted it was a LS.

Looking at other first gen Traverses I see on the liftgate it has either a LS OR LT.

I understand the LT is the fancy version and the LS not so much.

Ours does not have a LS or LT on the back. Does this mean what we have is a L, the cheapest version of the group?

What designates the different classes? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The 2017 dont have the LS logo at the back. Just the logo TRAVERSE on the left.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
the earlier years-

it was
LS
1LT
2LT
LTZ

2017 I believe its
Base LS
LS
1LT
2LT
Premiere.

Also- on earlier years- it started off with Traverse on the sides- and rear. Also had the GM chicklet. Also said Chevrolet in the rear.
then in middle 2010 or 2011 they removed the chicklet from the doors. And Chevrolet from the tailgate. But left the bowtie.
so theyve made tweaks

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
But the 2017 in the LS model only has the Traverse logo. No LS logo at the base of the tailgate. You may have also the AWD logo if yours has the all wheel drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. By looking at the brochure link that GreenTraverse posted it looks like we have the LS, not the LS Base. Good info on here. That helped a lot.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The LS base is not really on the dealers lots. It is mostly used for enterprises. No dark tinted windows is just about the difference. I have never seen one on the roads to tell you. There is nothing wrong with the LS models because all the Traverse are all very well equipped. ( except the cheap back up camera ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts