Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any MN folks on here? I've been seeing more and more Traverses out there on the road so I know there are at least a few in the state. It was fun testing out the AWD and StabiliTrak during the recent snow this past weekend. The ground clearance leaves something to be desired (I'm used to my truck), but all in all it handled well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jwhjr, does your Traverse have the original Fortera tires and if so how did they do in the snow?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it has the Forteras on it. It was a heavy wet snow and it did fine. I'm sure we'll get a "normal" snow in the near future so I can see how they perform in that.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I bought mine basically the morning after our last snow storm of the year. I bought an LS with just FWD but we drove the AWD as well and they both went through the deep snow, ice and slush just fine.

They just have the weight to make them sink in well and go.

We have mild winters so only a few bad bad days a year so we went with just FWD.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were any of the MN members (metro area) out driving in that crazy ice last night? It was slow going and not a lot of fun, but the Traverse was outstanding as far as keeping control. The AWD/hill descent braking/stabilitrak and ABS all came into play driving in that "fun" last night. Took 3 hrs to get home from MPLS (about 25 miles).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took the Traverse out through the snow this evening to pick up our Christmas tree, was able to fold down the seats and put it in the back. This weekend should be a good test of driving through snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts