Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking at the engine of 2009 Traverse today, I found that there is a missing bolt as shown?

Is it by design or is it really missing a bolt?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
andyh123 said:
While looking at the engine of 2009 Traverse today, I found that there is a missing bolt as shown?

Is it by design or is it really missing a bolt?

Thank you!

Mine has the same empty hole. Interestingly enough, it is a brass insert of some sort.

·
Registered
417 Posts
More than likely it's for an option or part that is not needed or offered in the Traverse. This engine is used in other GM cars too, so there may be some item where this is it's mounting point. But, that item is not used on the Traverse. Thinking about the Lambda platform alone, there are some items offered in the Buick version that's not here, like the HUD system. There could be other things too, but I'm just guessing. It could also have been there in the design, but not used later due to a change in the parts that are used. I.E. nothings missing, just different. It's rather normal among all car makers to do things like this.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
that part reminds me of the mounting points for engine covers...
for example- on Trailblazers---
the SS V8 and the V8 on the SAAB share a similar engine cover--
The cover is not on the regular V8...

Ive seen post of people ask.. what is this hole here---
eventually someone post a pic of the hole as a mounting point for the engine covers--- they then order that cover for their car--- (they actually looks nice).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Heads Up Display, show speed and other info on windshield so you can keep your eyes on the road.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
HUD in action

F-16 HUD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts