Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good looking car... I think GM is on to something here!

·
Registered
994 Posts
My wife and I debated about buying the Traverse or waiting for the redesigned Equinox. Of course the deciding question: "Do we need 3 rows of seats?"

We have 3 tall troublesome :D teenage boys but one is off to university this year, so most starting in the fall we would be 4 in a car but in the end we decided that too often we would need the extra row and extra storage. I guess if after we have paid off the Traverse we have found that it is more than we need we would consider down sizing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a really nice-looking revamp and a great followup to the Traverse for people looking for the smaller size.
It's got nice features, a snazzy cockpit, but it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not, either, with any kind of radical or off-kilter styling.

I just hope GM does a much, much better job of marketing this baby. (Although, I have to admit the Trav has done very well, saleswise, despite the lack of a solid promotional push by GM).

·
Registered
73 Posts
It may be the same as the Saturn Vue. If you look at the 2009 models of both they are similar although the Chevy is a little beafier.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Narg said:
...not really, but they sure styled the new Equinox to look like it's bigger sibling.

http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allnewequinox/photo-gallery/

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my wife (who prefers smaller vehicles...)

What a great looking Crossover! Should be a big hit with smaller SUV buyers. I would not buy it on fuel economy alone, unless like you said your wife likes a smaller SUV. The stated 21/30 MPG is with the 4 cylinder engine. As I am not a big fan of the GM 4, I would prefer their great running V6. With the V6 the EPA estimate is 19/25............ only a few MPG better than that of the Traverse.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The new 2010 Equinox 4 cyl has Variable Valve Timing and Direct Injection. It has EPA rating revised at 22 city/32 highway maximum highway range of 601 miles on the FWD models.

·
Registered
161 Posts
danthechevyman said:
It has EPA rating revised at 22 city/32 highway maximum highway range of 601 miles on the FWD models.
Very impressive, for any SUV - especially a non-hybrid. Almost 600 miles on one tank sounds super for those long summer vacation drives.
But the bad news has got to be that the acceleration sucks, right? :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
That I will have to let you know. I would think that it will do OK though given that it has a six speed trans and 2.4L direct injected engine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife currently drives an HHR with this same I4 that's offered in the new 'nox. That engine is AWESOME! Very peppy, loves to rev and very quick and powerful for it's size. As I've read around, the aftermarket likes this engine too, so it must be easy to work on. If we do opt to get one for my wife, it will most likely have the 4 and not the 6 due to how much we like it in her current HHR.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The HHR engine is not SIDI(spark ignition direct injection) just VVT(variable valve timing). I have driven the new NOX and can personally say I love it. The one i drove had the 4 with 6 and it preforms very well very good acceleration and I am looking forward to getting more of them in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts