994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2009 Traverse recently achieved two significant milestones in one week:

• the 40000 km mark
  • and just today went beyond 25000 miles

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Wow. It will take me over 3 years to hit 25,000 miles. I just traded our Grand Prix that was 4 years old, that had 26,000 miles.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
pretty cool.
How many months have you actually owned the Trav?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rbarrios said:
pretty cool.
How many months have you actually owned the Trav?
We took delivery in late April 2009, so approaching 17 months of ownership. (But for sure we do so much more driving in the summer months than at any other time in the year)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations copper, but if racking up miles is the measure, I have you beat.

We took delivery the last week of October, 2009. Mine came with about 350 miles on it when we bought it just like Roberto's did (I don't know if it means the same thing as his, or if mine had been test driven a lot). My car is sitting at 27,600 miles as of lunch today. At this rate, it'll turn over 30,000 right about the one year mark.

It makes me wonder how long these Bridgestone tires will last. I've gotten them rotated twice and they're not showing much signs of wear.

I really ought to start driving the wife's SRX on weekend jaunts just to cut down on the Traverse miles. Her SRX only has like 32,000 miles after 4 years. To tell the truth, though, the Traverse is way nicer to drive.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
seems were on the same pace...
Im at 12 months and 17,000 miles. about 1400 miles per month.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
andylibby said:
Congratulations copper, but if racking up miles is the measure, I have you beat.

We took delivery the last week of October, 2009. Mine came with about 350 miles on it when we bought it just like Roberto's did (I don't know if it means the same thing as his, or if mine had been test driven a lot). My car is sitting at 27,600 miles as of lunch today. At this rate, it'll turn over 30,000 right about the one year mark.

It makes me wonder how long these Bridgestone tires will last. I've gotten them rotated twice and they're not showing much signs of wear.
sounds like many highway miles. At that rate-- I can see your tires going 80-100,000.
Im hoping for about 60-80,000.
I got 77,000 out of my Trailblazers factory tires in stop and go driving here in LA--- Traverse gets the same driving conditions..
the only diff-- is this ones FWD-- and that usually cuts tire life a bit..

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andylibby said:
For sure andy.

I am just surprised how many miles I have accumulated given that my drive to work is under 2 miles each way and the car is parked all day in the lot! :eek:

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
holy moly-- that is a short drive. that is surprissing on your mileage considering the 2 mile drive. so 4 miles round trip.
My morning drive is 4 miles alone- to the freeway I get onto. (theres one 3) blocks away from me-- but that would give me a big detour.
Im doing about 35-40 miles round trip per day.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
and that brings up another issue--- those 2 mile drives may be a reason for the fuel dilution.

Ive always understood that short drives increase moisture in the oil and exaust pipes-- and I think also fuel entering and not being burned out of the oil.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rbarrios said:
and that brings up another issue--- those 2 mile drives may be a reason for the fuel dilution.

Ive always understood that short drives increase moisture in the oil and exaust pipes-- and I think also fuel entering and not being burned out of the oil.
Definitely that is the concern. As you may recall my most recent UOA of an OCI of around 5200 miles was stellar BUT that was summer, hwy driving. It is in the fall and winter where excessive short tripping in cold weather is the norm and this really taxes the oil.

I was dumb not to run this HDEO Esso XD 0W30 again after that very good UOA. Oh well it is for sure a fall back oil if this M1 0W30 doesnt show well.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just today I rolled over 50000 km (31000 miles). Extrapolating, the 3 year, 60k km/36k mil bumper to bumper warranty will have been exceeded not long after the 2 year mark :eek:; maybe around June 2011 :-\.

·
Registered
158 Posts
One year of ownership for our Silver Ice and it has 16,000 miles. Had the Red Jewel for 2 months now and it has 620 miles on the clock. Of course, it has sat at the airport for the vast majority of the 2 months while I have been traveling.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Got my garage cleaned out enough to park the Traverse in there for the remainder of the winter....does that count as a milestone? :p

·
Registered
865 Posts
Quantum said:
Got my garage cleaned out enough to park the Traverse in there for the remainder of the winter....does that count as a milestone? :p
**** yes!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quantum said:
Got my garage cleaned out enough to park the Traverse in there for the remainder of the winter
Given that you reside in balmy Niagara Falls I would have thought winter was already over! ;D

·
Registered
324 Posts
We have almost 30,000 miles on at the end of 1 year. Actually, I parked the Traverse when we hit 28,000 miles at the 10 month mark, or it would be even higher. High mileage has never bothered me, so I didn't think much of it, until it dawned on me that our 3 year bumper to bumper warranty would be expired in less than a year and a half. Back into the Explorer!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wow, that's really putting on some miles. At that rate you'll hit 100k in no time :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
odypilots said:
High mileage has never bothered me, so I didn't think much of it, until it dawned on me that our 3 year bumper to bumper warranty would be expired in less than a year and a half.
And that is my concern as well. It would have been nice to have the extra year of bumper to bumper which one gets with the Enclave.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts