1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen it mentioned here---
While searching for the 4th power outlet---
I lowered the rear armrest/cupholder on the 2nd seat bench seat - seating for 8
Since I had a flashlight- I happen to shine the light at the armrest- and I saw was appeared to be a small latch similar to the sliding compartment up front....
I grabbed, squeezed, and pulled up-- the top opened up (hinged door)... and lo and behold-- a small compartment
About the size of A CD case- and about 4 cd cases deep....
This is nice---
Nice place to hide your small items...........

·
Registered
551 Posts
On my jeep I have a small fold down arm rest in the rear that is very hard to see if you are not looking for it or know it is there. That is where I keep my bank slips, or anything I dont want someone to find if they happened to break into the car :thumb:

I dont think I have this in my Traverse as mine seats 7, but I am sure this will be helpful to others!

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so 101 people have viewed this post- and 100 of you guys knew the storage compartment was there?
No one else was surprissed to find it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
rbarrios said:
so 101 people have viewed this post- and 100 of you guys knew the storage compartment was there?
No one else was surprised to find it?
Well, not all of us have a second row bench seat!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm suprised that your salesman didn't show it to you. I used mine on my Outlook for kleenex. My Acadia has captians so no compartment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
rbarrios said:
While searching for the 4th power outlet---
I lowered the rear armrest/cupholder on the 2nd seat bench seat - seating for 8
Nice place to hide your small items...........
ok, i didn't know there was a 4th power outlet. where is that? also, i didn't know you could lower "the rear armrest/cupholder on the 2nd bench seat." I thought it was a permanent part of the interior wall, i.e. molded right in and doesn't move at all. how do you lower that?

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, more like it...
We need more input from members on here.... gotta get more people giving their input... :thumb:

Well the manual says there MAY be 4.
Ive only located 3. so the 4th may be one of those that was deleted at some point in the build cycle.

as for the rear seat center armrest/cupholder... it should be pretty easy to lower it. I think you just grab and pull- or is there a little tab of rope that sticks out...

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK, mine has

- 1 in the dash below air controls.
- 1 in the back of the center console for use by folks in the 2nd row. and,
- 1 in the very back for use tailgating.

Where's the 4th?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Narg - My Outlook had the three you mentioned, the 4th was in the large bin under the front arm rest and coin holder. Never have seen one for the 3rd row except for the one in the very back above the jack compartment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK, I'm up to speed now. Yes, I did know there was an armrest in the middle of the 2nd row. I just wasn't thinking along the same lines. It is the thing that makes the middle seat an armrest instead of a usable seat and yes, I did know there was a storage compartment there. As for the 4th power outlet, you only have it if you have captain's chairs on the middle row, not the bench seat. Feel free to correct me if you feel I am wrong, but if you have 7 passenger seating, you have 4. If you have 8 passenger seating, you have 3.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 7 passenger seating but only have 3. no second row console. only on LTZ

·
Registered
193 Posts
In models with leather and 8-passenger seating, there is a pull-down piece in the middle seat of the second row. I can't seem to find any description of it anywhere, and I'm curious as to what it is. Does anyone have a picture with it lowered? I assume it's either an armrest or a "console" with cupholders or something like that. I know a while back there were minivans with built-in "child seats" (i.e. shoulder straps), but those seem to have fallen out of favor, so I doubt that's what these are.

If you have one, I'd love to know what's in it (especially if you have a pic). Thanks!

G

·
My 07 Acadia has this storage area; it has two cup holders and a small storage compartment. I can't seem to find any pics though

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes- armrest- 2 cupholders. and a storage area.... enough room to hide wallets etc.

I know I posted a pic of mine.. let me see..

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here ya go.
Newspaper behind it for contrast on dark seats.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Oh well ill lose the secret compartment for my 2nd row captins.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rbarrios said:
here ya go.
Newspaper behind it for contrast on dark seats.
Since I just got my Traverse and have spent limited time in the back benches this thread was hilarious and illuminating all at once! Thanks for the picture too btw!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts