Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an LTZ in Oman, Middle East, does anyone know if it should come with the USB for Ipod and Bleutooth? It does not appear to

Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
Would love to see pictures, out in or near the desert! Also, how much did that thing cost overthere, if you dont mind me asking?

2009 LTZ will not have the USB, 2010 LTZ will have the USB, at least here in North America, I can only assume it would be the same there.

Welcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently over here there was no upgrade for 2010 so that answers my question, it cost OMR 14,500 which is equivalent to around $37,600, how does that compare to US cost?
I'll get spome pics in desert and post soon
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
It’s around the same price depending on the options. The options can change the price $1000 or dollars depending on navigation, DVD and so on.

8) Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
derekinoman said:
Apparently over here there was no upgrade for 2010 so that answers my question, it cost OMR 14,500 which is equivalent to around $37,600, how does that compare to US cost?
I'll get spome pics in desert and post soon
Thanks
Well since there wasn't an upgrade its probably an 09, which doesn't have the USB port

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It must definately be an 09, when i went to pick it up a couple of weeks ago the dealership manager said there was a slight vibration and that they will replace all 4 tyres at the end of this month as they think they are "flat spotted" due to sitting in storage.
I still did not get the Bluetooth to work, does it need the Onstar? I would not think so.
Another really frustrating thing here is it needs a 1000 klm initial service then 5000klm intervals, apart from being a rip off it does not make sense.
My first car here was an Explorer, also 5000klm intervals, then i had a Yukon which was initially 5000 then GMC changed to 10000 but GM is still 5....

·
Registered
417 Posts
At the edge of the drivers door is a small label that will give you the manufactures date. If it's between August '08 and July '09, then it's an 09. Also search the forums here for VIN number lookup web sites (don't Google as there are a lot of bad ones), looking up the VIN can get you a LOT of info on your Traverse. Including the year model and place of manufacture, etc etc.

Bluetooth doesn't require OnStar. When you push the talk button on the steering wheel for about 2 seconds, you should hear "ready", then say to it "bluetooth" and if it answers back "bluetooth" you have the option and it's ready to be used. Do take note that not all bluetooth phones work. Bluetooth is unfortunately a rather poorly used standard, and it seems every cell phone maker has their own way of using it. I've had great luck with HTC phones and iPhones. A Samsung phone failed miserably though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I have a Motorola, LG and Samsung work phone mine all work so I would go to the dealership and see if there is a problem.

8) Steve

·
Registered
994 Posts
derekinoman said:
I recently bought an LTZ in Oman, Middle East,
I am curious as to the grade/viscosity of oil that you use in your Traverse. By chance does the owner's manual that comes with your Oman Traverse spec anything other than 5W30?

·
Registered
36 Posts
onstar was not available in the middle east and since the bluetooth is in the onstar module it should be safe to assume there is no bluetooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts