Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at pics online.
noticed something I had not seen.
Some pics- of Traverses have a metalic strip (2) on the rear of the loading area of the cargo bay.
was this an 09 thing?
I dont see it in pics on Chevys website. so either its trim and yr specific--- or something that was removed before production.
I wouldnt want one (as it would get scratched) but curious no one has mentioned this on the site...

·
Registered
407 Posts
That was decontented on the Enclave for 2010, so I assume for the Traverse the same is true. We have that trim on our Enclave, and yes, it got scratched the first time I loaded a suitcase with wheels over it. :banghead: Since then, no other scrathes that are noticeable. Actually, the very late build 2009 Enclaves didn't have the trim, so same might be so on the Traverse.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its probably an aftermarket item. We have an 09, and its all black.

·
Registered
407 Posts
maseacre said:
Its probably an aftermarket item. We have an 09, and its all black.
What's your build date? Could be, the later build 09 Traverses didn't have it. Also, that photo above might just be a promotional photo, like in a brochure, and maybe that item never made it to production.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would be willing to state categorically that the photo is an example of "Actual production model may vary." I don't think any Traverses made it out the door with that trim installed.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think thats what the scenario is... never made it to actual production models

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you don't have the shiny trim piece, you might be glad. That piece on my Acadia is all scratched up after 2.5 years from all the stuff getting put in and out of the back. I could live without it.

G

·
medicrxdoc said:
If you don't have the shiny trim piece, you might be glad. That piece on my Acadia is all scratched up after 2.5 years from all the stuff getting put in and out of the back. I could live without it.
+1 I have them on my 07 Acadia; they are dinged/dented

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes they are probably photo from one of the pre-production show cars. They always stick extra's on them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My black plastic rear bumper cover, the part you can see with the rear hatch closed, already is showing nicks and scratched after 1.5 years. Wish GM could have used a little stronger bumper cover material to resist damage when loading and unloading stuff. The bumper being very high also lends to the damage.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think I figured it out. It seems to be an extra LTZ only trim. Looking at some of the reviews around the Internet, if they reviewed an LTZ you'll see these plates in the pics. If it's not an LTZ they are not there. You can also see them with and without the plates on the chevy.com website's Traverse pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts