Traverse Forum banner

How many could make it, if we had an all Lambda meet in Lansing MI this summer, 2010? Select all tha

• Yes, for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, absolutely not

• Anytime

• Weekend only

• Want tour of Delta Plant

• Do not want tour of Delta Plant

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...here's the big question? How many of you would be interested in having a meet (all Lambda models) in Lansing MI (or nearby area) this summer, 2010? I was wondering also, if it's possible for me to get a tour arranged.....how many would be interested in that? And lastly, if you ARE interested, any input on how we go about getting this arranged? (I can take care of the tour part, I have "connections") I just want to make sure it's worthwile before trying to set it up. Also, would like to know what months people can make it, so if you put down, in a message...it's not part of the poll above....what months will work, we will go from there. Will have to go with the majority, for example, if I only have one person want May, but 10 want June, than the majority vote would have to win, sound fair?

Side note: Yesterday, I ran into a man visiting at our church, who works at the Delta Plant in the testing area. (Boy, I'm sure there's tons of questions people would have for him). I was nice to him, didn't want to get into all the issues people have, because most of that wouldn't apply to what he does. I told him about the forums and about some people having concerns, but didn't get specific. This guy tests the vehicles right after they come off the assembly line...., and has to diagnose/fix any issues, anything from a no start to things concerning fit and finish, etc. Sounds like a fun job, since it's not dealing with customers being unhappy, he's fixing things before they go to the dealer. You would not believe how many things they have to check, and would be surprised to find out they do in fact correct even the simplest of problems before the vehicle leaves the plant. For example, if they see a wire is crimped wrong, where it could be a problem, they fix it. Anyway, this guy is not the one I talk to about tours, but he said the one who I got a tour with last year still works there, and he said they do have large groups come thru sometimes, either a walking tour, or if it's big enough, they have some sort of train thing we can ride in...that would be cool. Last year I just took the walking tour because we had less then 10 people in our group. (but I don't know what the cutoff is for a walking tour).

Anyway, share your thoughts, and vote on the poll above, so I can get an idea how many would be interested in a meet.

IMPORTANT: Only vote one time, I will have this on all 4 forums, so only vote on the forum that IS your vehicle. That way, I can see how many from each vehicle will want to come

·
Registered
551 Posts
Because I live in MI and it would be easy for me to get there I would be interested in taking a tour, it would be cool. With that being said my vote is yes, however I dont have any input on date, time, how to set up, or whatnot. If this ever comes to fruition and an actual date and time are established I will attend.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good response so far, glad to hear it! Just to clarify, I don't know for sure the plant will do Saturday tours, I put weekend on there to see how many can only make that for a meet (I know....what would we do besides the tour?....there is still "things" to do in Lansing area, we'll find something...but let's focus on the tour idea for now). If this all works, I'm thinking about a tour on Friday (again, will have to see), then people from out of town would most likely stay over, and then we could have something planned for Saturday (also, for those who can't make it on Friday). Again, this is all just thinking out loud, I know a Saturday tour would be the best, but for some reason I seem to remember they either are not running on Saturdays, or not doing tours then....but I'll find out when it gets closer. Also, not sure about if or when there will be a shutdown, usually in July, but that's all too up in the air, there may not be any shutdown now that they have the Traverse. OH, and if we plan this right, we could get to see 2011's coming down the line. I know when I took the tour last year, the 2010's were coming down the line, and I think it was late May...(will have to go back and check my notes on that...).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is there a way for people off the mainland to be able to view? Pics are good :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
maseacre said:
Is there a way for people off the mainland to be able to view? Pics are good :)
Off topic here, Maseacre .... do you recall what the window sticker listed on your family's Traverse for shipping? Was wondering, since you're out there in Paradise.

Bob

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent an e-mail to the man at the plant who does the tours. I've got a bunch of dates (Fridays and Saturdays) in June, July, and Aug., to run by him. Starting with the dates I could actually go.... ...then we'll see what he has available, then I'll post all available dates here, and put it up for a vote, sound good?

OH, and YES, all significant others would be invited too....but no kids under 12, is their rule....which I know might pose some problems with those traveling from out of town, sorry about that....believe me, I understand any frustration there....I wanted to take my kids last year, but had to get a babysitter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Off topic here, Maseacre .... do you recall what the window sticker listed on your family's Traverse for shipping? Was wondering, since you're out there in Paradise.

Bob
I didnt really check. We have the sticker, Ill check when I find it ;D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
maseacre said:
I didnt really check. We have the sticker, Ill check when I find it ;D
Just curious as to what shipping charges were to your location.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
09Enclave:

Great work. Thanks for looking into this for us! Friday/Saturday's work great. Ya, I may need to take a Friday off but hey, its worth it for a plant tour! Keep us in the loop!

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is something that I would definitely be interested in if the timing is right. We are going to be in Detroit July 16-26, 2010 for the 2010 National Chevy Avalanche Meet and could arrange a side trip if the dates work out. Might even be able to bring several members from the Avalanche Club as well. Will be keeping my eye on this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
My wife informed me that I'm on my own. She'd be bored. Oh well, maybe I'll get my dad to come along. He has a '10 Equinox on order.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quantum said:
My wife informed me that I'm on my own. She'd be bored. Oh well, maybe I'll get my dad to come along. He has a '10 Equinox on order.
Quantum,

I'll tell you this ....if you appreciate "mechanical whatever", you and your Dad will be amazed at the current levels of design, innovation and creativity within the assembly plant. :thumb:

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Oh I'm very interested to see the production line. Working in a skilled trade (electrician), I enjoy learning/seeing new technology.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The guy has NOT e-mailed me back yet....I'm getting a little worried this won't happen....I'll keep you all posted when I know something. It's been since Feb. 4th when I sent the e-mail. Anything more than a few days with no response to an e-mail is like an eternity. I'll send another e-mail next month, if I don't hear anything. Eventhough this isn't till summer, I would think he would at least send a quick note to say he's looking into it....but keeping me hanging is nuts. :mope:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE: G O O D N E W S!!!!!!!! The date for this tour will be June 25th, that's a Friday....they don't do Saturday tours.
The guy at the plant called me today, and was very enthusiastic about having this meet/tour, and mentioned other things that are going on that weekend in our area. A Lugnuts baseball game in downtown Lansing, with fireworks that night Friday. there are hotels that he has connections for getting good rates for, and is excited....would love this to be a big event. He says that we should limit it to 50 people, for which he can take 15 to 20 per tour, and would be able to do more than one that day. (Morning, and afternoon times). All I need now is a count for how many of you can make it. Hopefully this is enough notice for you all to make the plans.

According to the comments in this thread, here's the Traverse folks who said before they want to come (I'll post the other Lambda people on the correct forum):

TIESTOSTEELE
ODYPILOTS
QUANTUM
TRAVELINGMAN
09ENCLAVE (me) (I'm listed on the Enclave forum.....kidsenclave over there)
If your name is not on here let me know to add you. And, if you can't make that date and are listed, let me know as well. I know it's kind of hard for those coming out of town, but at least this is a for sure date, it's approved with the guy at the plant, and he has it on his calendar. You would be surprised to hear how excited he is, and wants this to be a very successful meet. Let's make this HUGE! :blob:

·
Registered
551 Posts
You have my name down already, im excited. :beer:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts