Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the change in temperature between full cold and one click off on the manual AC temperature is very drastic. I've found myself going back and forth between full cold and one click down this summer a lot as cold is too cold and one click off is too warm.

Is there an easy adjustment in the heater box that could be done? Could the dealer reprogram it? Just looking at options.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
YES! I have noticed this too. Its quite annoying actually, when you have a dial with so many notches, and the first notch makes a huge difference.

The only time I can really turn it down a notch is when the cabin material actually starts to cool down (we have ebony), because otherwise I find myself turning it cooler again.

I try to play with the fan speed, the direction (ie, vents, or vent/feet, or ......) and other times I just start to cut back the air flow on certain vents with the little dial below each vent.

I too which there was a better range to select from.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I like the cold air to hit me-- passengers dont-- so what I do- is leave it on cold--- and then split the air between vents- so some of it goes to feet--- that way you dont feel the coldness too much

·
Registered
69 Posts
One morning in my car pool they guy in the passenger seat was getting cold from the AC. When I only clicked the temperature up one click he laugh at me. I tried to explain that just the one click made a great deal of difference. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this happen.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
dstanley said:
One morning in my car pool they guy in the passenger seat was getting cold from the AC. When I only clicked the temperature up one click he laugh at me. I tried to explain that just the one click made a great deal of difference. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this happen.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

I'll bet he though you were a prick, until he realized that it actually made a difference. I can see it now, passenger "I'm cold". Driver "Okay", one click back up on the cold scale. Passengers thoughts "what an idiot" doesn't care about anyone else but himself". 10 minutes later... passenger's thoughts "Wow, I'm quite comfortable now". Driver's thoughts "Wow, it's getting hot in here".

Funny stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts