Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
You bought a 3 row crossover shaped like the Traverse (and most other 3 row crossovers nowadays) and are surprised somebody thought it wasn't manly enough? If you care that much you should have gotten the boxy 2nd gen Pilot with 3 rows or a Durango R/T with the V8. As it is, you can get a small spacer lift (1"-2") and some more aggressive wheels and tires. Add a roof rack with one of the metal cargo racks on it (very in vogue in my area over the last year for the soccer moms to butch up their crossovers, have yet to see one with anything in it). Yea that's about all I got.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bought a 3 row crossover shaped like the Traverse (and most other 3 row crossovers nowadays) and are surprised somebody thought it wasn't manly enough? If you care that much you should have gotten the boxy 2nd gen Pilot with 3 rows or a Durango R/T with the V8. As it is, you can get a small spacer lift (1"-2") and some more aggressive wheels and tires. Add a roof rack with one of the metal cargo racks on it (very in vogue in my area over the last year for the soccer moms to butch up their crossovers, have yet to see one with anything in it). Yea that's about all I got.
I wanted to lift this but haven’t seen much in line regarding lifts for these cars

·
Registered
790 Posts
I wanted to lift this but haven’t seen much in line regarding lifts for these cars
There is a spacer lift available, you might have better luck searching for the lift for the Acadia, which is the same kit the Traverse would use.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I saw a Traverse the other day with a bull bar in the front. I dont know where he got it but it was very cool. Was looking like the Setina that the police cars and suv's are using.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My advice is don't F with the thing. It's a 3 row unibody CUV, basically a minivan without sliding doors. Nothing makes me shake my head more than seeing brush guards and off-road stuff on a Rav4 or CRV...other than the one guy on here years ago who stuck SS stickers on his Traverse. Own what it is as a family car and be secure enough as a man not to give a s**t, or failing that do what I do and keep a loud obnoxious Trans Am and SS in the garage for when you need to bare your hairy chest to the world. :D

·
Registered
2020 High Country
477 Posts
2x nhra . Better off getting some 'tat's on your left arm and hang it out the window.:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
2014 LT dropped w/ H&R Springs, Bilstein B6 Shocks & Struts, Custom Mahnaflow w/ dual resonators Exhaust , CAI, MAF, Crossed drilled slotted rotors. Fyi make your traverse yours. There’s tons of azzhole saying y are you doing
this to a mommy wagon. Sold my Porsche 928
in January and having fun with this until I get my Cayenne Porsche. Im making this bitch faster than any Gen 1 or Gen 2 Traverse. Njoy yo 🚗
So I just got a 2011 traverse .
I am coming from 2 chargers and a lacrosse .

some people are telling me the traverse looks more like a woman car :(

so I’m trying g to see how I can beef it up
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Own what it is as a family car and be secure enough as a man not to give a s**t, or failing that do what I do and keep a loud obnoxious Trans Am and SS in the garage for when you need to bare your hairy chest to the world. :D
Nicely said!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts