Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the LTZ wheels so I was wondering if it was possible to buy them aftermarket? Or is it possible to buy them from Chevy?

If so is it possible to put them on an LT2?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt even think of that! Thanks. Although new ones would be nice. Oh well, Ill keep searching. We have to go back to our dealer anyway to get some stuff as well.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
yeah ebay....

Though Its possible that they may have to use their tech tool to change some settings ---- if the 20 inch LTZ's tires are bigger OVERALL than the overall diameter ofthe 18's...

This is doable--- as the CALIFORNIA edition Traverses are LT1 and LT2's with the 20's from the LTZ's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ebay is awesome. I built a full-size spare (for long cross-country trips) cheap. 1LT rim for $130 (inc. shipping) & $160 (inc. shipping) for the Goodyr HL tire (same stock tire) and $20 to mount at local shop. $310 *total* (no TPMS but you don't need it for a spare) vs what dealer quoted me ... about 550.. basically 600 w/ tax for ONE complete wheel (no joke).

I was laughing. Dealerships are funny. For $900 or $1200 you can get all 4 from ebay. Why anyone would I don't know but it's more to the point. I don't even know who to laugh at... the dealership as a whole or the individual mechanic, because I also called twice to get a quote on the individual wheel and the one guy said with confidence.. $320(-ish w/ labor) and another said "about $380" ... "ABOUT" .. I was like "wtf?" ... how can it be "about?" Like he just made up a price... took the $320...added labor.. and then added a personal Lunch fee so it will pay for his meal?

Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh. I dont know. Im kind of just being picky about things. The 18's...are nice but they dont really match our Traverse in my mind. That and its just me being the show-offy type.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Folks,

If the car comes with the "California" option, (20" rims, dual exhausts, Bose sound perhaps), does the speed limiter get set up to the rating of the 20" tires - which I think is 130-mph - up from the 2LT's 108-mph?

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I would think so....from what Ive gathered online...
the speed limiter is limited by the rating of the tires the vehicle came from the factory

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a set of 20 inch LTZ wheels for sale.
They only have 200 miles on them and have wheel locks.
I replaced them with aftermarket wheels right away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
gohawks said:
I have a set of 20 inch LTZ wheels for sale.
They only have 200 miles on them and have wheel locks.
I replaced them with aftermarket wheels right away.
How much are you asking for them?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and for all wondering I no longer need them. I havent found any, but we decided not to get them. Where we live, the thicker the tire the better ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts