Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a new 2011 Traverse and I'm trying to decide between the LTZ and the 2LT with leather (Canadian models). It appears that the LTZ will cost approximately just under $3000 more than the 2LT with leather seats. By my accounts it seems the LTZ would add:
  • 20 inch wheels
  • Perforated and cooled/vented leather seats
  • 2-way memory driver seat
  • Dual-exhaust
  • Extra chrome/body mouldings
  • Ability to add the 2nd row console as an option
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Express up/down windows

What are the general impressions (both aesthetic, ride quality, handling, comfort) regarding the 20 inch wheels vs. the 18 inch wheels?
What are the general impressions of the vented/cooled leather seats? I live in Canada so I don't really have the need year-round....one could argue I don't need it at all living up north :)

One of the selling features is the 2-way memory driver seat but I'm not sure this of itself is enough to warrant the price increase. I do get irked every time I need to adjust the seat between my wife and I using the vehicle.

Any other thoughts between the LTZ and 2LT?

Thanks!

Bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
I test drove a 2009 California Edition- this had the dual exhaust and the 20's.

When I got back- I ordered a 2010 with 18's.
I didnt like the extra feel of the road. (bumps etc).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
I have not driven a 2LT, but I do like the firmer feel of the 20" tire. We have 14K on our LTZ now and we have zero complaints about the ride quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
I'm glad to see the power folding mirrors are still being offered, as I thought they were going away on the 2011 Traverse. We have them on our 2010 LTZ and love them.

Since my wife and I both like a firmer, "sportier" feel and look, we like the way the 20's ride and handle, and like the dual exhaust look.

Living in Dallas, the cooled seats were a no brain-er!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
If you think that the memory seat maybe an issue for you, you may want to consider it.

My wife and I have a 1LT, and thus only have the 10-way power driver's seat. It works well for us, because she doesn't move the seat up down, or tilt, or recline, she only moves it forward. It is not hard for me to just hit the switch and slide it back.

Now, if you know that your wife may like a different tilt, height, set-back, etc, the memory seats may be the way to go.

I agree with rbarrios, there is definitely a difference in ride between the 18" and 20" wheels. The 18" have a little more give in them, therefore providing a smoother ride, but some enjoy the stiff ride more, its totally up to you what you prefer.

My dad has cooled seats in his King Ranch F350 pickup truck and they are pretty cool...no pun intended. Even though we live in Canada, we still have hot summer days here, and to hit that button and cool down the seat is pretty neat. I've only ridden in his new truck a handful of times, so I don't now if it would be a feature that I would use daily or not, but I like it!! :)

I think that both 2LT and LTZ are great models. I would probably lean towards saving the $3000 and put it towards something else. I definitely don't think that you'll be 'lacking' in a 2LT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
Also do note if you want to tow now or in the future you need to get the factory tow option. You can't add it after the fact.

With out it your to rating is around 2200 lbs not 5200 lbs with the factory tow package. I think the tow package is standard on the LTZ but I'm not sure.

You get allot for the extra $550 cnd Transmission cooler, higher output alternator, tow mode switch and programming spare tire.

If you add a trailer hitch after market you will not be able to tow anymore than 2200lbs.

You may know this but some have been mislead or didn't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
The towing package on our 2010 LTZ was not standard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I think I've convinced myself that I'll spend the extra dough and get the LTZ. The memory seats are definitely something I'm interested in as I've complained numerious times to my wife about it everytime I'm adjusting the seat and mirrors - especially the mirrors! I also think the power folding mirrors might come in handy as we don't have a very big garage and I've already banged the side of my car's mirror a couple of times. Of course my wife will have to remember to use them - which is doubtful. The cooled seats might also be nice as I much prefer leather to cloth (personal choice not based on snobbery :)) and it can get hot in the summer. And I think the 20 inch rims and extra body mouldings/chrome will look cool! Plus, this will be our main family vehicle and we plan to keep it for 8-10 years so I might as well pimp it out now. I'll cheap out when I buy a used car to replace my current POS.

As you can see I've done a pretty good job convincing myself I need to spend an extra $3000. Guess I'll need to put in some overtime. Besides...what's $3000 amortized over 8-10 years anyways. And someone's got to keep GM in business. Actually, it's pretty smart that they reserve a few nice-to-have but not required features for the top-of-line model and completely overprice them. Cuz they know there's consumers like me ;)

I am also planning on getting the Nav system even though I don't think I really need it (see my other post). I figure I should try one out at some time and this vehicle may as well be it. Besides, how many LTZ models exist without the Nav system anyways - I gotta keep up the image.

And I'm also installing the factory trailer package. I 'may' need it to haul a yet-to-be-but-may-never-be purchased boat in the future to/from the lake. Its not standard on the LTZ package in Canada but the cost isn't outrageous and and it seems advantageous to install the factory hitch versus and after-market/dealer installation (improved towing capacity, tranny cooling, etc.).

In fact, on this last comment I'd like to thank the forum members on this forum (and many other forums I visit, for that matter). It never surprises me how knowledgeable and helpful forums can be. I specifically asked the dealer if there were any differences between the factory install and an after-market/dealer installed hitch and he mentioned there weren't any. So I wasn't going to add the hitch until I purchased the boat. But many posts on this forum have indicated the opposite - that the factory hitch is much superior and should be considered if there's any chance you'll be towing with this vehicle. Thanks!

So I'll probably join the Traverse ownership group this weekend if I can negotiate the right price - which I'm working on right now.

Cheers!

Bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Power folding mirrors are listed as a option for 2011 ltz . HOWEVER they are NOT availible on the 2011 Traverse LTZ. If your sales person say they are ....he /she is mistaken. If they have one on the lot it is a carry over 2010 rebadged as a 2011. BIN THERE DONE THAT. If you order one the order will be accepted to show P.Mirrors but when unit arrives invoice will show credit of 140.00 dollars. Hope this helps.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
icehawk21 said:
And I'm also installing the factory trailer package. I 'may' need it to haul a yet-to-be-but-may-never-be purchased boat in the future to/from the lake. Its not standard on the LTZ package in Canada but the cost isn't outrageous and and it seems advantageous to install the factory hitch versus and after-market/dealer installation (improved towing capacity, tranny cooling, etc.).
Wise choice :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
I say go LTZ, or at least an LT2 w/ the 20's and dual exhaust. The 20's and dual exhaust make the Traverse look a millon times better, in my opinion. At the end of the day it comes down to cost, whichever you are more comfortable with making the payments on. Either way you will have an awesome ride :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
You will be vey happy with your decision! As the owner of a "Spring Special" 2010 1LT, I love the fact that my car LOOKS just like an LTZ, with the duals and 20's. We personally don't miss the leather, 'cause we prefer cloth (cooler in summer, warmer in winter, not 1000 degrees to sit on on a summer day after the car has been sitting in the sun for six hours). Items I wish I had: Bose sound (stock radio sucks), power rear liftgate, memory driver's seat. We have the sunroof, but neither of us smokes (anymore). At first it was cool, now its kind of like, "Yeah, whatever...". I would save the $1,400, but it was already in the car...we bought it off the lot - the wife fell in love with it. IMHO - Get it as loaded as possible if you can afford it - you will never regret having the options, just NOT having them!!! GOOD LUCK!!! BTW - Don't rule out 2010 leftovers...i'll bet there are a lot of LTZ leftovers up there in Canada, since there are plenty down here in the States...$45,000 vehicles aren't exactly flying off dealers lots in this economy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dudster said:
Power folding mirrors are listed as a option for 2011 ltz . HOWEVER they are NOT availible on the 2011 Traverse LTZ. If your sales person say they are ....he /she is mistaken. If they have one on the lot it is a carry over 2010 rebadged as a 2011. BIN THERE DONE THAT. If you order one the order will be accepted to show P.Mirrors but when unit arrives invoice will show credit of 140.00 dollars. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. This actually makes sense of the $100 discount I've seen on the pricing sheets/reports I've received. I couldn't understand what the discount was for and assumed it was a specific rebate for the LTZ (as it doesn't show up for the 2LT). So I guess there aren't power folding mirrors and I 'get' $100 off.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
icehawk good thing you read up on getting the FACTORY hitch..
thats the way to go.... :thumb:

staciesbaby---- you have the 2010 Spring Special 1LT... that means you have the Projedtorheadlamps correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
staciesbaby said:
You will be vey happy with your decision! As the owner of a "Spring Special" 2010 1LT, I love the fact that my car LOOKS just like an LTZ, with the duals and 20's. We personally don't miss the leather, 'cause we prefer cloth (cooler in summer, warmer in winter, not 1000 degrees to sit on on a summer day after the car has been sitting in the sun for six hours). Items I wish I had: Bose sound (stock radio sucks), power rear liftgate, memory driver's seat. We have the sunroof, but neither of us smokes (anymore). At first it was cool, now its kind of like, "Yeah, whatever...". I would save the $1,400, but it was already in the car...we bought it off the lot - the wife fell in love with it. IMHO - Get it as loaded as possible if you can afford it - you will never regret having the options, just NOT having them!!! GOOD LUCK!!! BTW - Don't rule out 2010 leftovers...i'll bet there are a lot of LTZ leftovers up there in Canada, since there are plenty down here in the States...$45,000 vehicles aren't exactly flying off dealers lots in this economy.
My last two vehicles have had leather and I've grown to like it over cloth - primarily because its much easier to clean than cloth when the kids have an 'accident'. But I agree that they can get too cold/hot depending on weather. I may go back to cloth when the kids are older. In fact, I might buy cloth for my next commuter used vehicle.

I agree with you on the sunroof. We don't use the sunroofs on our current vehicles. One I purposely ordered and never used and the other came as a free manufacturer option. I'm not getting the sunroof for the Traverse - not worth the $1500 for us as we'd never use them.

I might consider a 2010 - in fact one of the dealers is trying to unload a loaded LTZ with after-market wheels for a killer price. Only thing is that it is white and we really don't want white. Plus it doesn't have the trailer package. But if I can get them down a few more grand I might compromise.

Thanks!

Bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
rbarrios - no true HID...just projectors icehawk - I wouldn't settle w/o the trailer pkg if you think you may need it someday, and if you don't like the color...you have to live with it for 8-10 years! keep searching inventory on chevy.com, and good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
staciesbaby--- I meant to say projector- not HID...
Ive corrected my post...
Youre right- with the duals, 20's, and the Projectors- yours does look like a 2009 LTZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
rbarrios said:
staciesbaby--- I meant to say projector- not HID...
Ive corrected my post...
Youre right- with the duals, 20's, and the Projectors- yours does look like a 2009 LTZ.
Staciesbaby; Are your mirrors color matching or just black? If you put the LTZ grill in it would look just like an LTZ. Which is cool, but I hate GM for doing that! :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
Staciesbaby; Are your mirrors color matching or just black? If you put the LTZ grill in it would look just like an LTZ. Which is cool, but I hate GM for doing that! :happy:
Tiestosteele: the mirrors are color matching...now, call me crazy, but the LTZ has a different grille? I had no idea :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
LTZ has a shiny grille..
imagine your grille-- just all shiny chromed.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top