Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 Traverse with mismatched front headlights. I was wondering if anyone knows the part number of the headlights on the LTZ. My dealer is not too eager to find it...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
travi said:
I recently bought a 2010 Traverse with mismatched front headlights. I was wondering if anyone knows the part number of the headlights on the LTZ. My dealer is not too eager to find it...
Did you buy the LTZ new? If so, the mismatched lights are a warranty concern ....... I don't see why they are not willing to do the fix.

Bob

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
you saying you got an LTX-- one lamp is a projector and the other is normal lamp?

There was another member here who had the same issue.
dealer corrected his problem...
If it is a projector...

Only the Special edition package (LT1- and LT2) for 2010- got the projectors...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yup - that happened to me. Passenger side projector OK, driver side standard, not OK. My dealer fixed it as soon as he got the replacement. Looks like another case of the left side robot not knowing what the right side robot is doing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

:D

It seems I'm not the only one with a car put together by confused robots!

But I have the opposite situation: I bought an LT and it came with one normal light and one LTZ projector light. I want both lights to be projectors (to replace the non-projector with a projector). However, I need a part number to be able to do that, and was wondering if anyone knows what it is.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The warranty and dealer are responsible to correct items to the correct factory assembly level. It sounds like you want the warranty to add the 2nd projector lamp, when it is not a correct application for your vehicle. If I'm understanding the facts correctly, it would be your dime and not the responsibility of the warranty.

Bob

A

·
0 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
The warranty and dealer are responsible to correct items to the correct factory assembly level. It sounds like you want the warranty to add the 2nd projector lamp, when it is not a correct application for your vehicle. If I'm understanding the facts correctly, it would be your dime and not the responsibility of the warranty.

Bob
I agree; your dealer may try and put the correct headlight in instead of "upgrading" the other one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's assume it's my dime, then. It may be. Even if it is, I still need to know the number of the part so that someone can order it. I'm not sure how to find that number and the dealer isn't being much help with the finding, so I'm just asking what the number is or where I should look for it.

A

·
0 Posts
You could try opening the hood and looking on the back of the assembly; I would think there is a sticker of some sort. If you do find a part number; you could try gmpartsdirect.com to find out the price

A

·
0 Posts
No problem, gmpartsdirect is useful if you already have the part number, I tried looking through rockauto.com but couldn't find an LTZ assembly

·
Registered
78 Posts
"But I have the opposite situation: I bought an LT and it came with one normal light and one LTZ projector light. I want both lights to be projectors (to replace the non-projector with a projector). "

Hey, maybe your car was in front of / behind mine on the production line!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here are the GM part numbers for the Projector and Non-Projector Headlamp Assembly for the 2009-2010 Traverse.

Projector Headlamp Assembly
Right (Passenger Side) - 20794804
Left (Driver Side) - 20794803

Non-Projector Headlamp Assembly
Right (Passenger Side) - 20794802
Left (Driver Side) - 20794801

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all again, Cruzer you're da man :).

I'll give it a try on gmpartsdirect.com, and see what happens.

·
Registered
202 Posts
X2, thanks for that info, Cruzer.

Anyone know definitively if these part numbers fit the 2011 model year trucks too? Everyone always says 2009-2010. We have a 2011. I would assume so, but that's just when they change the bolt hole locations or something silly.

--zepcom

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
currently the 2011 order guide makes no reference to Projector lamps.
for 2010- the projector lamps were only available on the Special edition LT1 and LT2.

for 2009- they were available on the LTZ-

so for now- 2011's should not have them-- from the factory...
so unknown if theyre a direct fit....

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a good question for our Chevy Customer Service member :thumb:

Does the 2011 LTZ come with projector lamps?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Exactly. But I'm looking to add them. :rock: And being that these puppies aren't cheap :eek:hno: I'm not looking for a "whoops" pile of unusable headlight modules. lol

That was one of the major factors in us preferring the GMC to begin with. I have the projectors on my other car, and they're hands down superior to traditional 'refractors' style headlamps, imo.

anyways, thanks for the info everyone, I will continue on my quest and continue to research. If I do pull the trigger on this mod, I will most definitely do a how-to with pictures on this site.

--zep

EDIT: To AA/78U: There are zero 2011 traverses that come stock with projectors, from all research I have done. Perhaps the 'mexican' one that rbarrios posted a while back, but no US-spec ones as far as I am aware. Even LTZ trim.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
by the way-- not sure if youre aware--

on the Traverse-- the Projector headlamps-- use a regular halogen bulb.

The Acadia- also has projectors with halogen-- BUT the upper trim Acadias- have HID projectors.

·
Registered
202 Posts
rbarrios said:
by the way-- not sure if youre aware--

on the Traverse-- the Projector headlamps-- use a regular halogen bulb.

The Acadia- also has projectors with halogen-- BUT the upper trim Acadias- have HID projectors.
Rbarrios,

Thanks again. Yes, on my other ride I have standard halogen projectors as well, and that is what I was planning to do here. iirc, it uses the same bulb too.

Upgrading to HID is far far away in the future, if at all.

Thanks for updating the thread with this useful info, though.

--zep

1 - 20 of 20 Posts