Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Edmunds.com has the 2009 Traverse as a configurable item, I was checking out the pricing between a fully loaded LT2 and a comparably fully loaded LTZ. Based on the options listed in another post in this forum (here: http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=74.0), it seems like the only thing a fully loaded LT2 doesn't have that a comparably equiped LTZ does have is the heated / cooled seats, heated windshield wiper fluid, and XM NavTraffic (though by selecting the Nav system for the LT2, I suspect the XM NavTraffic comes with).

When priced out, the difference in price is $775 for MSRP, $1227 for Invoice (see attached pricing reports). Does this mean that the heated / cooled seats and heated wiper fluid is worth ~$800? Living in San Diego, the heated / cooled seats are not all the high on my list of targeted features. Thanks -

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you read the other thread with this info? (edited to LTZ info only) :

1LZ Options
If you are still with us, it will cost you $10,820 more than an LS or $5,560 more than a 2LT to get to this level. But look at all the goodies those unwashed heathens with the lower models can't order:

AG3 Seat, 8-way power driver with power recline and lumbar control and memory

KB6 Seats, front, heated and cooled driver and passenger. Let the frozen/sweaty masses envy you.

A45 Seat adjuster, 2-position memory for driver's seat and outside rearview mirrors

Trim, interior, includes Metallic instrument panel and console trim. This option is so cool, we didn't even give it an option code. When you order the 1LZ, you'll get a secret decoder ring and handshake sequence to order this.

AXE Windows, power with driver Express-Up and -Down and passenger Express- Down

TVP Headlamps, projector low beam and halogen high beam

DNT Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding body-color with integrated turn signal indicators, driver-side memory and integral spotter mirror

XA7 Windshield washer fluid system, heated. You know you've arrived in life when your vehicle has this option.

Sounds great, right? Well it does until...
- You want something as basic as a remote start, something offered in the option package on the base models of the Saturn/GMC. You have to step up to the $34K 2LT to get it here.

- You want something as deluxe as the cooled seats. Understandably, they are 1LZ only. But if you want to make use of the 8 passenger arrangement at the same time, forget it- the center bench can't be had with this model. You're also stuck with 20" wheels (no spinners either).

- You want something as cool as the HUD. It can't be had, period. Have to buy an Acadia...

I'm in FL & the cooled seats along with the 8 passenger seating & Acadia only HUD restriction options have "steered" me into an Acadia SLT2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did find that after I posted this last question - good detail regarding what the LTZ has over the LT2. The folding rear view mirrors alone are worth the price of admission since our garage doors are very tight and that's a feature I'd definitely want. Mind you, I don't think ~$800 is all that much when you're talking about a$40K+ car, so I was just curious. The list of LTZ specific features make it seem appropriate to me - thanks for pointing the list out!

Good luck with your Acadia decision - if for some reason the Traverse doesn't work out for me, the Acadia is my next choice -

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts