Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saw this where i live. i thought duals were only available on ltz models?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nope they are an option. I think they may have been standard on 2009 but not sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some of the guys here, especially rbarrios, had established that the "California Edition" were available as option for LT's to have dual exhausts and 20 inch rims.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
hehe- yeah- if it has duals, 20's, and an LT badge- its the package that was called "California Edition".

(also included was the bose stereo)-- this was on 2009's

now- for 2010- you could also get an LT, with duals, 20's,.... but these only came in black granite metallic, red jewel tintcoat or steel green metallic....
one very special item showed up on these...and that was Projector beam headlamps. (halogen)...
this was sold as the 2010 LT special edition package.

·
Registered
53 Posts
And, I believe the speed limiter was set up significanlty higher (to match the tire speed ratings) on the California Edition

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, I was looking for the Spring Special Package before I found an LTZ that fit my needs.
I wonder if the projector beam headlights can be fitted on the LTZ, as I don't believe I have that. :mad:

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
2009 LTZ's had the projector lamps. (NOT HID).
then this was dicontinued for 2010....

but came back up mid year or so on the Special edition package...

The projectors are also available on 2010 Mexican Traverses. (but the starting price on these is $50,000)

though you can find them on ebay every now and then.
It should be a direct swap- since its only a projector lens-- and not HID with its electronics.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I know I have all the left side hangers on my LS. I was under it when I looking for a place to jack it up and saw them.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
yup- the exhaust hangers are present.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rbarrios said:
hehe- yeah- if it has duals, 20's, and an LT badge- its the package that was called "California Edition".

(also included was the bose stereo)-- this was on 2009's

now- for 2010- you could also get an LT, with duals, 20's,.... but these only came in black granite metallic, red jewel tintcoat or steel green metallic....
one very special item showed up on these...and that was Projector beam headlamps. (halogen)...
this was sold as the 2010 LT special edition package.

yup, you nailed it. it was definitely a 2010 bgm.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
im guessing theres some programming needed for the engine to allow for the better 'breathing'...

·
Registered
417 Posts
If someone does do an aftermarket dual exhaust setup, please post pics and info. I'm interested. First concern is cost.

A

·
0 Posts
Narg said:
If someone does do an aftermarket dual exhaust setup, please post pics and info. I'm interested. First concern is cost.
Are you guys going for the "dual look" or a true dual exhaust.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I dont think theres room under the vehicle for a TRUE dual exhaust- as the gas tank is on 1 side of the vehicle...

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
I dont think theres room under the vehicle for a TRUE dual exhaust- as the gas tank is on 1 side of the vehicle...
I agree

·
Registered
417 Posts
Both pipes do go down one side of the vehicle. I looked at it on an LTZ. There is room for true dual exhaust, albeit just barely. I'd like true dual, for the power and the better sound. I'd prefer to hear a solid note from the engine/exhaust on hard acceleration. Right now I hear mostly the DI whining, and gearbox (I have AWD) which is a tad annoying. I've not tested it, but understand the LTZ duals sound a lot better.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I thought I saw 1 pipe- and towards the rear it splits into 2...

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
I thought I saw 1 pipe- and towards the rear it splits into 2...
This is the config on my 07 Acadia; one pipe down the right side past the fuel cell; then it breaks into two just behind the fuel cell

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hmm... Could have sworn I saw 2 pipes. (is double vision a sign of aging? ;) ) Interesting that they get 8 more horses from a single pipe?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts