Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forums (and to owning a Traverse). I purchased a 2011 LT with buckets seats in the second row. Two car seats have taken up residence and as a result, I'm having trouble putting down the rear, 3rd row, seats.

When I lower the seats from the latch from the back, they lower until the head rests (which can't be removed) jam up into the 2nd row. The seats are moved up as much as possible and I still can't get the 3rd row down. Am I missing something? How do I get that pesky 3rd row flush with the trunk?

Thanks!

A

·
0 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the seat backs on the 2nd row seats are tilted back because of the car seats

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Re: Lowering 3rd row seat - how?

With mine the headrests fold down when you put the 3rd row seat down. Does yours not?

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
The headrests should also fold down if they aren't, and the only other thing I can think of that was mentioned is that the 2nd row seats have the seat backs tilted back. In ours, the only time we've had issues is when the 2nd row seats have been moved all the way back. Other than that the seats fold down very easily.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Like mentioned above, as soon as I pull the lever on the back of the 3rd. row seats, the head rest flip down immediately, then the seats go forward without a hitch. I even have the middle row seats moved back as far as they can go. I would make sure your head rest on the 3rd. row are flipping forward like they are supposed to. Maybe need to pull the lever a little harder.

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
I agree. I have the 2nd row fully reclined and fully back position because of carseats. I have to move the 2nd row up 2 notches before the back seats can fold down without hitting the 2nd row. My headrests fold down when I pull the handle.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
jwhjr said:
The headrests should also fold down if they aren't, and the only other thing I can think of that was mentioned is that the 2nd row seats have the seat backs tilted back. In ours, the only time we've had issues is when the 2nd row seats have been moved all the way back. Other than that the seats fold down very easily.

Same on the Outlook. The headrests tilt down and yes the only time I have had a problem was if the second row buckets were moved/tilted too far back.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
when the 3rd row seats are up--- you grab and pull the handle- this causes the headrest to spring forward and down. the seat then folds down and the headrest should not interfere.

YOu can also pull the handle about halfway- and the headrest flip down- and you can leave the seat backs UP. this can help increase rear visibility.
If this is not happening--- pull the handle halfway or so and try to gently push the headrest. they are spring loaded... but I wonder if theyre stuck and need a little help.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they don't seem to spring down...no movement when I pull the handle from the back.

I'm not the primary driver, so I'll check when I get home this evening. However, sounds like a trip to the dealer (though, I concede there may be some user-error).

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
324 Posts
My headrests don't always flip forward right away. I don't recall what I had to do to get them to, it's been a while. It wasn't too tough, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
odypilots said:
My headrests don't always flip forward right away. I don't recall what I had to do to get them to, it's been a while. It wasn't too tough, though.
Do you mean you might have had to unlock them or something, like the lap belt? Or that they just weren't super responsive yet right from the factory?

·
Registered
104 Posts
our 2010 stick every once and awhile but just alittle push and they spring right down

·
Registered
324 Posts
LokiTN said:
Do you mean you might have had to unlock them or something, like the lap belt? Or that they just weren't super responsive yet right from the factory?
Like DIESAHL experienced, they would hang up. No unlocking or anything like that. It seems I just pulled the seat back up and released it again, and the headrest flipped down as it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
totally user error - I wasn't lifting the handle enough. Without the help, I wouldn't have known those things popped down! Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes the Traverse has all kinds of hidden secrets. Have you found the battery yet ha ha. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I got my Traverse, the salesman show me how to use every part to the truck. Even had me to show him I know how to lower the 3rd row seats and how to pull it back up.
Did your salesman not do a walk-around with you showing you all the things the Traverse has to offer.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
highroller1700 said:
When I got my Traverse, the salesman show me how to use every part to the truck. Even had me to show him I know how to lower the 3rd row seats and how to pull it back up.
Did your salesman not do a walk-around with you showing you all the things the Traverse has to offer.
I hate to say it, but I have found that many salesmen aren't this thorough in their displaying of the vehicle, nor do most of them I've encountered even know as much as I feel they should about a specific vehicle. The last 3 cars I've purchased from dealerships, I've known more about the car than they did. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, even with my last vehicle, a Dodge RAM 1500, the salesperson did a walkaround with me on it.
I am not sure if it is the dealership in how they train their salesperson on going above and beyond.
Can only say what happened to me and my experience. I will say I did know the things that he went over including
the 3rd row seat, but I let him do his job. :thumb:

·
Registered
718 Posts
With all of the research that goes into the purchase, we usually know all about the vehicle by the time we are buying it. With my truck, I was able to convince the salesperson to let me just drive off without the walkaround. With the Traverse we were not so lucky :angryfire:. We spent nearly and hour and to be quite honest, he didn't show us anything we didn't already know, or couldn't have figured out easily. If only he would have showed me the dome light override... :happy:. Found that out on the forum here :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can say, that before he did the walk around, I did tell him I did not have a lot of time to do this. So he did it quickly. What took the longest was when he call OnStar and had me to talk to them.
But over all, yes I could have lived without the walkaround. Not that hard to figure out how to raise and lower the 3rd row seat. I studied this truck for over a month before I made my decision. Went to many websites and got some good information as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts